CX Award Question - When Do Miles Get Pulled?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DHahn, Mar 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DHahn
    Original Member

DHahn Silver Member

Status Points:
    A newbie question regarding CX award.
    My CX reservation shows up as ticked on AA.com but no miles pulled nor fees & taxes charged yet. When does AA pull miles for CX award?

Thx

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hmm, mileage should get pulled at ticketing. When did you ticket? Have you pulled up your reservation on the CX site? have you spoken to CX to confirm ticketing? Do you have ticket #s?

3. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked a flight with AA on AS to SFO and on CX to HKG. It says on AA.com, in order to check-in online "The first flight of the itinerary for which a customer is checking in must be operated by American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection, British Airways or Iberia."

and the ticket number AA gave me does not work on CX. Can I check-in online on CX website? does it have to be within 24hrs of the flight? Thanks a lot.

4. Marty McFry
    Original Member

Marty McFry Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked my CX flight yesterday.. got an email from AA today saying it was ticketed and points were taken out today as well.

Also AA gave me a CX record locator number, which I used in the CX website to select my seats.

lichenlt likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    You can't check in on the AA website because you are flying Alaska first. And you aren't flying AA at all.

You can check in for your Alaska flight only on the Alaska website. You may be able to check in on the CX website using the CX record locator. If you do, bring those boarding passes to the Alaska checkin desk if you're checking luggage, it'll help them when they route your luggage to your final destination.

lichenlt likes this.
  6. Original Member
    Original Member

Original Member Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure what you're hoping to achieve by online check in... unfortunately there's too many computer systems in the process to guarantee you won't have to repeat stuff in SFO when arriving at CX.

OP... your miles get taken at the time of ticketing.

7. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only got a record locator for aa.com, which was a six-letter code. Did you use the same code for CX? where did you enter the record locator on CX website?

8. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just wanted to select seats on CX, not necessarily check-in.

9. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Easiest way to book seats is just to call CX ....even without the AA locator number they will be able to find your name on the flight booked and select your seats. Note that even after selecting seats it may not show up correctly when you check you reservations on AA.com

lichenlt likes this.
  10. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks. just called AA and got the CX record locator.

11. No, each carrier has a different record locator. If you booked the trip with AA, they will have the CX code. Just call AA and ask.

12. DHahn
    Original Member

DHahn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you all. My reservation got into reservation queue (?) but never got processed. Anyway everything is OK now with miles deducted. Now I have to work on seat assignment.

13. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    CX record locator, you can do it online. Or just call.

Microwave likes this.
  14. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found it easier to just call CX, they have (mostly) good CRS people there.