From Infraero Google translate: Afonso Pena International Airport The layout of the airport runway Afonso Pena is the same as the time of World War 2, when he was the Air Base Afonso Pena. In 1946, civil aviation has operated at the base with regional and international flights, and built a passenger station in use until 1959, when it opened a new station. In 1974, Infraero took the airport and in 1977, has completed the expansion of the passenger terminal. In 1996, with construction of the new airport, it becomes international. The runways have 2.215mx 1.800mx 45m and 45m, and has 14 aircraft parking positions. The parking of vehicles has 688 vacancies. Afonso Pena International Airport is located 18 miles from the center of the city of Curitiba.