Cuzco hotel suggestions?

Discussion in 'Central/South America' started by Remky, Jun 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Remky
    Original Member

Remky Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have any suggestions for a hotel in Cuzco? I know there are a lot of inexpensive hotels there (which is good for me), and I was hoping someone might have a recommendation. I also wouldn't mind a hotel suggestion for Lima, but I'm only staying there one night.

2. Kezax

Kezax Active Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at the casa andina private collection last fall. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful they even held our bags and sent them to their other hotel in the sacred valley for when we finished the inca trail. Seemed like a good balance between the extreme luxury (and cost) of the monasterio and budget places.

Paul Henell and Remky like this.
  3. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    We really liked Rumipunku, years ago. Looks to be highly rated online too.

Remky likes this.
  4. Remky
    Original Member

Remky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I remember reading about that one since it has the Inca stone door. Their website looks very nice too.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed one night at the Monasterio and it was really neat. But since I wasn't in Cuzco to sit in the room, we explored the hotel and then walked around time, then returned to bed and fell asleep pretty early (was a long day since we had come from Machu Picchu. First time I was in a hotel where for a fee you can have extra oxygen pumped into your room. :)

Personally, I probably wouldn't have booked that hotel and looked for something cheaper/simpler, but we were part of a small organized tour (Lindblad Expeditions) and it was part of the package.

Let me throw in a recommendation for a hotel in Machu Picchu, though (since most people go there, too, when they are in Cuzco): I'd HIGHLY recommend spending a night at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, which is (or was?) the only hotel up on the mountain site. I loved getting up at the crack of dawn and sneaking out of my room to explore the magical site all by myself, with just two llamas on one of the hills.

mynameismud, harvson3 and Remky like this.
  6. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seconded. Pricey, but totally worth it. Have Machu Picchu to yourself, before even the backpackers arrive.

And yes, still the only hotel up the hill. There's not really room for another one. ;)

Remky likes this.
  7. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Picoaga Hotel was excellent - good location, reasonable price, and nice rooms. Their free breakfast was HUGE and DELICIOUS. You should also be able to get a discount on the listed price. Msg me if you have any quesitons.

Remky likes this.
  8. Paul Henell

Paul Henell Silver Member

Status Points:
    Going to Cuzco later this month. Planned to stay there until Jetsetter.com had a deal for Inkaterra La Casona for not much more.