Customizable Quick Links

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by DAS02135, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are the “Quick Links” customizable?

Hovering over any of the buttons on the navigation bar (i.e., the bar at the top of the screen with Home, Forums, Meetups, Members, and Help) provides a set of links for that section, but the options all are pre-set.

quick links.PNG

Can a user customize it? For instance, rather than getting Mark All Forums as Read, Search Forums, Watched Threads, and What’s New? as my choices when I click on the arrow next to Forums, could I set it so it lists the Forum topics I like to visit such as Miles | Points, Travel | Dining, and Community?

I think this would provide a very quick way to get to areas a user visits frequently, without jumping immediately into the weeds by going to Watched Threads or the News Feed.

2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know it's bad form to respond to your own post, but I want to say how easy it was to insert a picture into my post. I always assumed it would require using HTML tags or code monkeying, but it was incredibly easy and intuitive. Very cool!

3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Watching (or subscribing) to a forum is not yet possible. However you can easily jump to a specific forum using the quick navigation link (looks like NE arrow at bottom right of the page)