Customer service?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Lyssa, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not have good luck hearing back from customer service for these points/miles program. I sent a form through the online system for priority club on Monday for missing points and never heard back or got any response saying they got my info. So today, I just sent an email to the priority club email address. It was early this morning and I still haven't heard anything back from that either. I'm not saying the problem should be totally fixed by now, but it's odd that I haven't even got a confirmation email or anything. Is that typical for priority club?

2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, yes. Even with the Ambassador desk, I've noticed longer delays than before -- even to acknowledge positive emails I've sent, not complaining about anything but instead complimenting staff, etc! (Maybe they just aren't used to those... :eek:)

I'd give it a couple of days, and if you don't hear back, pester them again.

sendaiben likes this.
  3. IHGCare

IHGCare Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear Lyssa,
    We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. IHGCare can help. We have sent you a private message inquiring additional information. Look forward to your reply and being of further assistance. Thanks.

Lin S.
    IHGCare

4. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, that is good to know. :)

5. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I had an email from them and my missing points were credited this morning. :)

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  6. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's good news. Was this because IHG Care stepped in?

7. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience with e-mailing customer service is that they are totally useless (sorry....). I have had much better luck with calling the Ambassador line regarding missing stays/points when different booking has been merged.

Xxx.

8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally I've seen action but no reply... I sent a request about missing points a couple of weeks ago and the points showed up within a couple of days, but I never received a reply to my inquiry other than the canned "we'll look into it" reply from their automated system.

I suppose it could be worse though... at least I got the missing points. :)