Customer Service Win

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Darth Chocolate, Apr 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Darth Chocolate

Darth Chocolate Member

Status Points:
    Generally, people come here to complain about everything DL does to its customers. Many of the complaints I find to be petty annoyances with someone trying to get something for a minor inconvenience. This is the opposite end of the spectrum

Today, I asked to change flights from China back to the US, pulling my departure ahead 3 days. I expected the worst - a change of fare class and a $450 penalty.

Delta DM desk came through and only charged me the $450, waving the change of fare class. This was a very good deal, since the change of fare class would have been in excess of $2,000.

Many thanks to DL!

And take that, those of you who believe that DL is only about the $$$.

redtailshark and Laptop Nomad like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you only changing the return flight? If so and if there is inventory in the original bucket, even if not for sale today, then only charging the change fee is correct.

Glad you got the good rate but it is entirely possible that the rules simply provide for that.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  3. Darth Chocolate

Darth Chocolate Member

Status Points:
    Changes the return only. Agent confirmed that there were NO inventory available. Previous call to my corporate TA and to DL resulted in high fare class change.

4. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's a lot to complain about with DL - the awful award system, customer-hostile IT practices, lack of honesty in dealings with customers and SM members, and so on. Maybe you did receive good service, I am sure it can happen very occasionally but there's a lot of examples of bad service to counter.

One thing that puzzles me is you state above "previous call to TA and DL resulted in higher fare class change." It sounds like you employed HUCA with different entities and had attempted the change previously before finding an agent who would help. Can you clarify if your second post refers to the same ticket as the first?