Customer Service Responses

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by flyforawg, Apr 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Curious to who is reviewing what we send in via the online e-mail tool and what others' experience has been. I've always received an onshore sounding name in the response, but sometimes it feels like I'm getting an offshore reply.

Setting the scenario, I try to communicate back and forth with the airline. Currently, I think they have the best program right now and I'm pleased with the product. I've done a hard test and matched to 1K with UA on the route I've been taking and AA won hands down for me. I reserve all thoughts on what just happened with the surprise change to the award chart for other threads. I provide 10% positive, 45% negative, and 45% commentary when using the website (measured, not planned).

My confusion comes when I make a comment, I ask for no reply and am trying to help educate the airline to make a better call, I don't expect or want a response, but twice now, I've been provided a nominal amount of miles for simply making a comment and receiving an apology with it. I wasn't looking for either.

The most recent was sitting on a plane where ground crew noticed a "hole" in the plane. They held the plane per SOP. This is great. They should have. My only comment came because we were told after 2 hours of sitting on the plane at the gate that it was a known issue that had already been recorded. My comments were twofold suggestions.

1. Make a note on the planes record attached to the tail # and flag it. Make the SOP part of checking said notes.
    2. If the former isn't possible, perhaps something as simple as taping a paper note in the cockpit and having flight crews pass the information along.
    Anyhow, I have the compulsion to send another note about how customer service should and shouldn't respond to something clearly labeled a comment not requiring response and then responding with an apology. However, I'm afraid I'd get another apology and more points.:confused:

MX and Newscience like this.
  2. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Be careful. One day a computer could decide that you are a chronic complainer and ban you from the program. :)

WilliamQ and flyforawg like this.
  3. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    In all seriousness, that's in my mind when I'm choosing not to send that note (with yet another click of the button that says no reply desired).

Aktchi and WilliamQ like this.