Customer Compliment for FA

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by karung99, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks,

We as a group are the most difficult flyers to please, however, when FA or Purser do extra ordinary beyond their call of duty, we need to recognize them.

I like to start the thread just to recognize the people who do a great job.

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    While it is certainly good to discuss positive experiences, make sure to report those positive experiences to the airline as well. :)

3. ConciergeMike
    Original Member

ConciergeMike Silver Member

Status Points:
    They might not need to be reported directly to the airline. Give it time and I'm sure some of the airline lurkers will find their way over here. The larger question is whether or not the New UA will have the brains and common sense to embrace communities like this. The fact that Scott O'Leary survived (confirmed per sfogate while at the Hockey Do) is heartening, but it's not enough to have me jumping up and down just yet.

4. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I disagree - UA's presence on FT was spotty and inattentive, and I see no
    reason to think it'll be different here. Moreover, UA has a system in place
    (whether it works is a different question) for customer compliments
    about individual employees, and I think we should support that system
    as well as the honorees by using it.

Chimpy likes this.
  5. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1

UnitedPR appeared only when they had some new program to tell us about. Besides those instances, they never came on FT to help out FTers with problems, etc.. Hopefully we get some airline participation.

Downunder girl likes this.
  6. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do that all the time, it is my practice to acknowledge them when they did extra for me.
    here is their website: customerrelations@United.com or customercompliment@united.com

FriendlySkies likes this.
  7. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree with comments on UA presence on FT. I would send a letter or email to customer relations.

8. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know they are the company and we are the customers, but what is United's incentive to go above and beyond to people who regularly game the system?

ConciergeMike likes this.
  9. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are secret shoppers who pay for the privilege.

Anyhow, the line employees don't know who's a gamer.

10. iluv2fly
    Original Member

iluv2fly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Most of us (and I'll speak for myself) don't hesitate to email/write UA about our bad experiences. I think it's only right to do the same about the good ones. In fact, my "good" messages outnumber my "bad" ones lately.

11. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Totally agree with you... I sent out 2 good messages last weekend.... 2 bottles of wines to take home made me do that.. [​IMG]

FriendlySkies and Flyer1976 like this.
  12. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    +1

I sent a very nice email to the 1K Desk about an amazing agent that helped me try to book the ticket to SJU. 1K voice responded below :)

bolding mine - :D

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  13. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure this is completely true. Most here have completely realistic expectations of what on board service should be like. Mostly it's inconsistency which gets us going

Jeff

14. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP Jeff, glad to see you here.
    I am afraid you are in minority on this, have you been reading UA forum? it seem the posters are complaining just about everything.

15. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There are definitely some FFers that are hard to please.. Not everybody on here is like that, though.

16. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course I see those threads/posters but tend to ignore them!

Jeff

iluv2fly and FriendlySkies like this.
  17. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is m[​IMG]st certainly going to change with regard to FT and I would expect the same here.

18. UADomer08
    Original Member

UADomer08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have to agree with Jeff on this one. I tend to be a more lenient than some of my less traveled counterparts due solely to the fact that most "catastrophic" problems to them are simply business as usual to me. I have given out an elite compliment card to an FA who showed excellent patience with an un-pleasable guest and others to FAs who have delivered superb service directly to me.

Because we have so much experience in the air I think we have a unique opportunity to compliment employees when they are doing the little things, not just when they go above and beyond to please us.

19. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's not an FA compliment specifically, but I always go out of my way to thank GAs who actually enforce boarding areas.

20. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    GA and 1K CS also included, I usually thank them for their work.

21. kluau88
    Original Member

kluau88 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Couldn't agree with making sure employees at United are recognized for a job well done. Oftentimes many employees get really discouraged due to a lack of acknowledgment from their superiors. I am pretty confident that employees at United are made aware of the compliments should enough pertinent information be provided.

On that note has anyone noticed the small forms handed out on their flights where it lists purser/flight attendant, domicile, date, flight number, and to/from? On the back of the form you can leave your feedback. I seem to get these rather often when flying with the Hong Kong based crews.

Downunder girl and karung99 like this.
  22. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My last SFO-JFK flight the FAs were exceptional. When I deplaned I shook each one's hand and told them so. Stopped and told the purser and pilot as well about the great FAs. Took me but a min.

karung99 likes this.
  23. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder whether e-mailing UA customer relations is still effective. It seems like recently responses have basically involved restating the e-mail and thanking you for writing in -- no guarantee that they forwarded your praise anywhere where it will help an awesome purser's career.

A nice handwritten letter would go a long way -- but, for flight crew, where would you mail it?

karung99 likes this.
  24. Downunder girl
    Original Member

Downunder girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like to give out my GTEMs whenever I can on my long haul flights and to great GAs/check in personnel. I was well looked after by SYD station manager but didnt have time to write up the GTEM before boarding, so I hand delivered it to a trusted UA lounge person the next time I flew out. I give out the GTEMs as much as possible, so I never have spares.... I then have to use Mini DG's GTEMS and we write BOTH our MP #s and names on them.

Looking forward to giving out some more soon :). I owe one to a fantastic male ticket agent at SYD.. Two years in a row he has helped me out well and truly with very tricky itins. When I told him this year, that I would make sure I had a GTEM for him, he was thrilled and said oh great, yes that really helps us, because it goes on our files :)

karung99 and travelingmore like this.
  25. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I keep those little compliment cards that they send in the yearly packet in my carry on bag. It is nice to fill one out and hand it to the person directly. They always seem happy to get one. I think they can then turn it in to a supervisor and it goes in their file.