Customer Appreciation

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Jan 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There were some problems on our flight today, no video working. When I got home there was email from UA telling me to go to the following link www.united.com/appreciation link does not work, did not work 4 months ago when I tried to go there for something else. Any suggestions before I just pick up the phone?

2. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    What do you mean exactly by "link does not work"? For me, united.com/appreciation redirects to https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/CPRi.jsp, where I see a form that looks like this:

[​IMG]

When you say the link "doesn't work", do you mean that you fill out this form, including the information about the flight number you were on, and it doesn't automatically offer you a voucher?

Or do you mean that the page never loads at all?

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The link works for me . (I did not try to fill it out though )

TAHKUCT likes this.
  4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Works for me also.

5. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Works for me -- and has done over the last few times too.

6. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    What do they normally offer?

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anywhere from a choice of 3,000-22,500 Miles, $50 to $500, 10% or 20% off a ticket... It depends on your Fare Class, Status, and Reason...

DeltaExpert, TAHKUCT and goalie like this.
  8. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    This 1k has "suddenly" started receiving 9,000 miles, $100 domestic e-cert and a 10% systemwide e-cert as compensation <feh>

javman08, DeltaExpert and Gtitan like this.
  9. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still depends on what the reason is. I got an offer for 15,000 miles, $250 e-cert, or 20% off for a SFO-HKG flight that was delayed by 30 minutes as a 1P (automatic email from United that compensation was offered). I also got nothing for a 2.5 hr MX delay from IAD-DME as a 1K.

There's a thread on the other board about the types of compensation people are getting, but typically you'll need either a skykit, or an automated email from United, to get anything.

DeltaExpert, NYCUA1K and Flyer1976 like this.
  10. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is link provided in the email I received to go to united.com/appreciation. I get an error message "windows internet explorer cannot open this page" I tried the link that you provided and got the same message. Pages will not load... Guess I will have to call.

11. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try this link instead:

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/CPRi.jsp

12. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bolding mine: :eek: I rec'd what I noted above for an inop F (no audio, no recline) seat SFO-BOS

13. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I called, there was no video on our flight, was offered 9000 miles $200.00 towards another flight or 20% of another flight. Took the $200.00 will come in handy for a cheap mileage run.

goalie and Flyer1976 like this.
  14. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My husband and I got $150 each for broken A/V as 1P's recently. In the past we've received anywhere between $150 and $250 for various issues at that level.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  15. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    $100 for no audio in F HNL-ORD in the fall. [has it been that long since I've had issues on a UA flight? wow :eek:]

16. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, without knowing too much more, I think the problem is somewhere between your computer and united.com -- problems could include your operating system's network settings, your home router, your ISP's DNS servers, your choice of "Internet security software", the load balancer serving united.com for your IP block, ... all kinds of stuff.

It might be worth trying to visit united.com/appreciation from a completely different place (e.g. a computer at work) to see whether the problem reproduces.

sfo1 and Flyer1976 like this.
  17. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, will try it on my laptop, but don't have a problem accessing any other part of the UA web site. Thanks for the suggestion.

18. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You were rght on with your assesment of my problem. Used my laptop and bingo, went right to it. Not being completely computer savey, guess this will be my work around if I should happen to need to go there again.

Thanks again.

19. flagstaff

flagstaff Member

Status Points:
    As a 1k a few days ago on intl delay I used an apology cert card and got 75 dollars!:oops:
    Two weeks ago I got 200.

20. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was on a flight (UA890, NRT-LAX) a couple months ago where the IFE apparently was having issues. I didn't notice any issues, although I only watched Hangover 2 and went to sleep. They gave every single person on that 777 a customer appreciation card with $150 ecert, 7,000 miles, or 10% off.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint