cust & imm in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by Photonerd71, May 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick question...looking visit the Phillipeans and will be on CX from LAX to HKG (booked through AA for the miles). I will than either continue on to MNL on CX or Swap to Dragon air to fly into clark. Question is will I have to clear custom and immg then reclear security or will i just get to stay in a secure area and then board my flight? I want to make sure I have enough time if i need to reclear. (A night in HK would be ok if I had to).

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can do I:I transits in HKG without clearing immigration/customs. There is a security checkpoint (a couple, actually) from the arrivals level back up to departures and they do confiscate liquids.

daninstl likes this.
  3. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Thnx. How much time should I budget for this? Is two hrs enough time or should I look for a min of 3-4?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assuming flights are on time two hours should be more than enough.

5. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Thanks

6. pmvalle

pmvalle New Member

Status Points:

No ... you will have special transit gates to go upstairs to departure hall directly, without going thru customs nor immigration ... Do not forget to check in your luggage in LAX all the way to MNL or Clark - if not you will have to clear immigration n customs!

daninstl likes this.