Current PC promotions

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sharris503, Dec 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know a good website that keeps a list of all the current PC promotions? I need 20k PC points (already have the card) and I can transfer them from my wife for $100. I'm looking to see if a mattress run with promotions would be more cost effective.

Kalboz and KathInJax like this.
  2. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz, uggboy, rwoman and 2 others like this.
  4. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perfect, thank you.

Kalboz and KathInJax like this.
  5. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  6. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.priorityclubinsider.com/

The main page here has a date of Dec. 14th 2012.

Kalboz likes this.
  7. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the main page apparently gets updated periodically. The other one of "current points offers" looks to be an orphan list of out-of-date promotions.

Kalboz and DJP_707 like this.
  8. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looky here

Kalboz likes this.
  9. Frequent Flyer Bonuses

Frequent Flyer Bonuses Z Representative

Status Points:
  10. Frequent Flyer Bonuses

Frequent Flyer Bonuses Z Representative

Status Points:
    Thanks! Expiry dates are there for all of the promos that have set expiration. All the ones that state "Until ?" either don't publish an expiry date or I wasn't able to find one.

11. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't look like there are any new promos around (aside of Stay X, Get Y). It's been really quiet in 2012 an the trend is continuing so far in 2013.

12. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mind that lot's of them have expired already. FYI, some members are reporting postings of points for the Q1 Stay X, Earn Y promo even though they didn't have it listed on their "My Offer Status" page.

13. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was told by a phone rep that the registered x/y promotion shows up on thier end. Call to verify, then have them email you confirmation :)

-MO

14. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did get the email confirmation. And I did a chat with the rep online about some other issue, but asked him about this promo. He said I will see the points posted. We'll see. What worries me more is that I have an upcoming stay at IC SFO on a conference rate. It shows under "my upcoming reservations" but it says "Points to be earned: 0". The rep said it was a mistake though. Also, two different reservation managers at the IC told me that this would be a qualifying stay. I just don't trust this particular IC that much.

15. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Conference rate at IC SFO will get you no points. I had this earlier this year at this hotel...... . Yes. I did discuss this with PC. I do believe it posted to my accelerator bonus ect, but it was 0 for the stay itself. ie a qualifying night, just no points.

16. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, we'll see about that...

17. I love a challenge:D keep us informed

18. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, I called (for the third time) IC SFO and happened to speak to the same person I spoke before - I think she was a reservations managers supervisor. She said not to worry, that she remembers me and to get back to her upon the checkout about the points. Still, this is too much hassle. I think starting next year I will switch completely to Marriott. There's an outside chance I might try to reach Gold with them this year.

19. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    In full disclosure, I did end up getting the points...... but I wasnt supposed to. I called to get credit for a BOGO night, after I had been told no about getting points for the convention stay. When he put me on hold and came back, he said he adjusted the BOGO night and also noticed that I was missing points for the SFO stay. ie, I just got lucky! :) It does state that the negotiated convention rates dont get points. Cant remember where I saw this but when I was trying to get credit did find it, therefore I didnt pursue after the first call. I guess, if you ask enough we all might get the answer we want. Anyway, my post is based on what the rules say about the negotiated convention rates not being eligible.

Good luck:)

20. No program is perfect; I know of two people who moved away from Marriott because some direct company paid stays earned no points.

21. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    What you are referring to is called "group rate". But it also states in their rules that in order for a rate to be a qualified one it has to be discounted by no more then 30%. And my rate was discounted less. That was my major point (another one was that I could cancel my reservation without a penalty and book a neighboring Marriott that would credit me points on conference rate 100%).

astraveln likes this.
  22. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know it states 30%, but when rooms vary at this location from 125-475....for a standard room what does that mean??
    My rate was 255, but the going rate was 450 when I stayed. The 30% rule doesnt seem to make sense, although I also read that as well.:) once again, it always takes at least a call or more....

Never comes up for me at Hilton, they just always credit...

23. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    What matters is what the full rate is for the type of room booked on a group rate at the time of booking. Of course, usually the closer to the date you are staying the more expensive the room would become.

astraveln likes this.
  24. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I looked up my account today and this is what I saw:

STAY 5 NIGHTS GET 10000 POINTS PROM0TION
    10,000 pts.
    So, I can confirm that this promo is alive even though is not reflected on My Offers page.

astraveln likes this.