Current NYC Hotel Deals

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by bsaced, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    In an effort to make a useful sticky, I think that enough of us are occasionally looking for a hotel deal in NYC similar to a Vegas Hotel Thread sticky. So I propose we have a thread that people can post current NYC hotel deals.

Jettsetter.com has the paramount currently at $90 - 200 depending on the dates.

Any other thoughts out there?

Pablo and upgrademe like this.
  2. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    20% off any Suite Category
    Available May 1st , 2011 – September 14th , 2011.

San Carlos Hotel.....includes continental brekkie, i 'net access, biz center, etc. Good availability, nice hotel, convenient location.

3. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    This isn't useful for planners, but the Apple Store has a neat little app called Hotel Tonight, where you can book hotels in cities like NYC at the last minute at decent prices. Only a few cities are included right now, but I look forward to using it sometime.

sagefemme52 and jammanxc like this.
  4. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    "- Invite friends and earn $25. Every friend you invite to HotelTonight gets an automatic $25 credit towards a hotel booking. Once a friend uses that credit, you get $25 in credit towards your next booking. It's like “you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours” – only not lame and with real money"

Mind to post a referral a create a Conga?

Skyvillager likes this.
  5. jammanxc
    Original Member

jammanxc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bonnie likes this.
  6. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like hotels combined and hotels tonight. This is a valuable thread, especially if there is a Milepoint get-to-gether sometime in April.

gemac likes this.
  7. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a nice AAA deal ($153) at the Andaz Wall Street (with a 'G2' bonus until the end of Feb.)!

8. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kimpton Eventi in Chelsea is currently offer on weekend stays for a cityview for $203 a night with a $30 dinning credit. Normal rate is $399 a night. Not a great deal but decent.

Pablo likes this.
  9. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is not a "deal" per se, but we just had a $135/night weekend stay at the Millennium Hilton. We are both Gold w/HHonors, so ended up in a corner king on the 47th floor, away from the WTC construction, with a terrific view of the Brooklyn bridge and a partial view of NY Harbor, including the Statue of Liberty. This included b'fast as well. Although downtown in the financial district, it is very easy to reach via numerous subway lines. I would recommend rooms on the opposite side of the hotel from the WTC site.

10. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    what site had $135 a night?

Pablo likes this.
  11. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Using AA or DL miles for NYC hotels can be a deal, but they can also point toward another deal: NYC area hotels to be targeted for a best online rate guarantee type match+discount. For example, the Radisson hotel off Lexington Avenue in the Midtown East section of NYC can be gotten for a reasonable deal using AA miles or it can be gotten for $64+tax per night doing a best rate guarantee between what is on Radisson.com and what was available on the property's own separate website with a special February and March discount code.

AA customers with elite status get a discount on the number of miles required, with AA Golds getting less of a discount using miles than I do as an AA Executive Platinum.

12. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had luck using hotelscombined for finding BRG possibilities. Kayak hotel search is often a great supplement, but seems to yield similar results.

13. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points: