Curious...

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by lapointdm, Nov 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have tickets booked with AA miles from JFK to HNL on hawaiian airlines, and another one way booked back. They are booked in economy class. Is it possible to upgrade to premium economy on an award ticket in this situtation? If it is how would i go about that? Talk to AA or HA?

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you booked the tx through AA, you'll need to talk with AA about this. I've been able to make changes on awards tx with them by talking with the Aadvantage folks directly. That aside, I have no knowledge of economy/premium economy seating on Hawaiian Airlines, does it even exist, and can you use award miles for this? Aadvantage differentiates award tx between coach and business, but I don't know about premium economy. Good luck! ;)

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I vaguely remembered reading about it somewhere.

http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2084

Newscience likes this.
  4. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hawaiian has first class but it's nothing special. Just expect larger seats.

5. rheller42

rheller42 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hawaiian has a paid upgrade to premium economy. This is accomplished if you choose a seat in premium economy and then pay the upgrade. I did this with a FF ticked on Hawaiian last year.