Crystal travel review

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Jonathan Briggs, Aug 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Jonathan Briggs

Jonathan Briggs Member

Status Points:
    I found this company Crystal Travel UK on the web somewhere and wasn't really expecting anything much, just another travel agent. The advisor who assisted me, Paul, was friendly, patient and just brilliant! He found an amazing deal for our 7th honeymoon to Turkey, was not pushy at all and even gave us a week to think about things before he came back to us. Even when I had paid he phoned me up saying he could improve on the trip for a small extra amount as he had just found a slightly better deal that had just come up. I am totally blown away by how pleasant and helpful he was and only had our best interests in mind. I had visited a high street travel agent which was very unpleasant and boring in comparison. A very big well done Crystal travel and thank you so much! We had a great and memorable time of our lives.

Hank.Miller and uggboy like this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to find that personable agents are still out there. One ask for clarification, though: he found a better deal but asked for a "small extra amount?" What was "better" - the class of travel or accommodation, etc.?

Where'd you go that was memorable, and what made it so? Sounds like the making of a great trip report! Welcome to Milepoint!

3. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am curious too: What was the better deal that cost more?

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call me suspicious, but when a new member joins and makes this his first and only post on the same day, I wonder whether the person has a financial connection to the product or service that is being praised.

Nevertheless, welcome to MP.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, but its MP, not TOBB, so he gets the benefit of the doubt. No links and in a suitable forum. Works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

boondr likes this.
  6. Jonathan Briggs

Jonathan Briggs Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for being considerate to a first time poster :) !! well we had a vacation in Marmaris (Turkey). The extra was a hotel upgrade in just £25pp from a 3 to 4* which we din't mind paying at all as it was worth it. In total we paid £360pp for 7 nights on a beach front. The only connection that i developed is "they offer me cheap deals , i will put a good word for them".

boondr and Gargoyle like this.
  7. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:

That's gorgeous! My family and I might be in Turkey next summer. Where did you end up staying, how was it, and what all did you do? I'd love to hear - this is timely!

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. Jonathan Briggs

Jonathan Briggs Member

Status Points:

That sounds good !! Turkey really is a great place for vacations, we stayed in The Beach front hotel which was quite nice and moreover we mostly spent time outside but it was comfortable, there are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and the Thursday market is a popular attraction. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to Marmaris main road and pretty close to lot of clubs, we did visit a few which were quite happening, it kept me wondering if i should have planned with my buddies ...lol...Panorama Bar had a great view and crowd, Areena and Crazy Daisy were another good ones. The best part though was Armutalan Hamami , great turkish bath was very rejuvenating, its a must visit but try not to eat heavy before as the food tends to backfire..

Mike Reed likes this.
  9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:

Wow, lots of options. Thanks for the reply! Now for the question important to Milepointers... which airline did you credit the miles to?