Crowne Plaza trials the world's first snore absorption room

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Horse, Jun 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    27 June, 2011

Silencing Snorers once and for all

Crowne Plaza trials the world's first snore absorption room

[​IMG]
    The Crowne Plaza snore absorption room

Snoring sufferers can finally sleep easy thanks to the first ever snore absorption room that's helping the sleep deprived tune out and nod off from their noisy partners. The new room, which is being trialled by Crowne Plaza is a result of research revealing more than half of UK couples are losing between one and five hours sleep a night due to the snoring and snuffling of their partners. That's up to a decade of lost sleep over a lifetime.​

In the UK, the snore absorption room is being trialled at Crowne Plaza London The City for one week from 27 June - 1 July. The room uses proven technology to help reduce the dreaded, repetitive nasal noise. The technology includes:​
    • Sound proofing on walls to absorb the loud frequencies, deflect the sound waves and minimise the impact of snoring. The walls use egg box style foam which reduces the noise reverberating in the room
    • A specially designed sound absorbing head board that will work together with the sound proof walling to muffle the echo within the room
    • An anti-snoring bed wedge which acts as a body pillow, encouraging snoring guests to sleep on their sides or upright. Lying flat on your back makes the base of the tongue and soft palate collapse to the back wall of the throat which causes snoring
    • An anti-snoring pillow which uses rare neodymium magnets to create a natural magnetic field, opening the airways and stiffening the upper palate which vibrates during snoring
    • A white noise machine which is proven to help drown out the droning snoring noise and help sleep and relaxation

BeachMiles, rwoman and sobore like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fortunately, I do not need this, but I think it's an interesting concept...it would be useful when traveling with my sister...:)

icurhere2 and Horse like this.
  3. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    whatever happened to just buying breathe right strips? i've read those things work for a lot of people.

i see this is a complete fail. maybe they'll prove me wrong

4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd simply like to experience less noise from other rooms (feet pounding on floor above, water rush through pipes in walls, toilets, etc).

I'd also like to see more courtesy on the behalf of people who come back to the hotel late in the night and instead of whispering, proceed to yell down the hall to each other as to what time to meet for breakfast, who's coming to the meeting, etc etc. But I digress.........

icurhere2, ag51, DJP_707 and 2 others like this.
  5. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bolding mine: Does the "etc" include "noisy" neighbors ;) <ducking>

6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    meh... you'd only lose about 2 minutes worth of sleep, i'd say

goalie likes this.
  7. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    You have to admit you have a problem first. Although the same issue is exists for this room unless all rooms in the hotel are like this.

8. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1