Crowne Plaza - Tampa Westshore Master Thread

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by krusty, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. krusty
    Original Member

krusty Silver Member

This CP hotel is in downtown Tampa, close to TPA, the beach, and Bucs stadium. The Westshore Plaza Mall is down the street, and has nice restaurants e.g. Seasons 52 & Maggiano's.

I arrived at ~7p on a Weds, before the Outback Bowl rush. While there is a Plat desk, it was temporarily unmanned. The main check-in counter was open. The agent was welcoming, and my Plat upgrade was ready, in advance. The Plat desk was manned when I was finished at the main desk.

This property has a very fine outdoor pool, small pool-side gym, and my upgrade was to a pool-side suite. These suites must be fantastic in the summer. They are close both to parking and facilities. The ground level is secured by gated access, via key.

There is a separate living area, with an L-shaped sofa, which folds out into a full-size foam mattress. There is an office desk & chair, a sink, coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. Down the hallway to the bedroom, you pass a large bathroom, with large glass standing shower. The bedroom had a king-size bed and sitting chair.

The good:
    Wifi was free, unsecured, and strong. It was cold that night, and the heater with digital climate setting performed flawlessly. The room was clean and quiet. I asked for the sofa-bed to me made, and after dinner, it was. I asked for a USA Today and Wall St Journal, and both were at my door with an express check-out letter in the morning.

The less good:
    At check-in, I was offered bottled water as a Plat. After dinner, the water was not there, but a short walk to the front desk sorted it out. The towels are not the softest ever. I did not know that this property did not have a club lounge - my responsibility. The IC down the street does, however.

The bad:

I did not eat on-property. I did see a restaurant and bar. Both were closed by ~10p when I returned.