Crowne Plaza - Tampa Westshore Master Thread

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by krusty, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. krusty
    Original Member

krusty Silver Member

Status Points:
    This CP hotel is in downtown Tampa, close to TPA, the beach, and Bucs stadium. The Westshore Plaza Mall is down the street, and has nice restaurants e.g. Seasons 52 & Maggiano's.

I arrived at ~7p on a Weds, before the Outback Bowl rush. While there is a Plat desk, it was temporarily unmanned. The main check-in counter was open. The agent was welcoming, and my Plat upgrade was ready, in advance. The Plat desk was manned when I was finished at the main desk.

This property has a very fine outdoor pool, small pool-side gym, and my upgrade was to a pool-side suite. These suites must be fantastic in the summer. They are close both to parking and facilities. The ground level is secured by gated access, via key.

There is a separate living area, with an L-shaped sofa, which folds out into a full-size foam mattress. There is an office desk & chair, a sink, coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. Down the hallway to the bedroom, you pass a large bathroom, with large glass standing shower. The bedroom had a king-size bed and sitting chair.

The good:
    Wifi was free, unsecured, and strong. It was cold that night, and the heater with digital climate setting performed flawlessly. The room was clean and quiet. I asked for the sofa-bed to me made, and after dinner, it was. I asked for a USA Today and Wall St Journal, and both were at my door with an express check-out letter in the morning.

The less good:
    At check-in, I was offered bottled water as a Plat. After dinner, the water was not there, but a short walk to the front desk sorted it out. The towels are not the softest ever. I did not know that this property did not have a club lounge - my responsibility. The IC down the street does, however.

The bad:
    None.

I did not eat on-property. I did see a restaurant and bar. Both were closed by ~10p when I returned.