Crowne Plaza Seattle

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Exiled in Express, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    the links: https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/...pb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/pc/1/en/availsearch&ias=y
    and http://www.cphotelseattle.com/

the address: 1113 6th Ave, Seattle WA 98101

the review:
    Stayed two nights as a PC Plat on personal travel, Travelzoo rate of $99/night including parking if I wanted it. This hotel is on Sixth Avenue which is further up the hill than peer properties and on the outside edge of centrally located. I was upgraded prior to arrival to a club level corner room, minfridge with bottled water, view overlooking the library. Quite spacious and comfortable, no noise from outside or neighboring rooms. Turndown service with prepackaged chocolates was done both nights, I was absent from the room both times and returned to this pleasant surprise.

The club room is small for the volume of guests but a decent food spread. No complimentary alcohol per state law, available for purchase at hotel prices. The club dinner offering was appetizers including small pizzas and won tons as well as bottled beverages with mild encouragement to stock up your minifridge. The club breakfast was above continental but was not a full American spread, again encouraged to take beverages along for the day.

I did dine in the restaurant, primarily motivated by points, I was satisfied with my selection of crab mac and cheese more so by the craft beer selection. Seattle is a great dining city, hotel dinners should be avoided. I also had the breakfast buffet on my last day and found great value for the money with the Platinum discount.

No PC points were automatically for the stay, didn't follow up as rate was 50%+ under BAR. The location is workable and the amenities are great, I will return at the right price point.

Clocktower, kayet and travelingmore like this.