Crowne Plaza Rome $129/night

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Kalboz, Jun 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    As offered on sniqueaway.com: http://www.sniqueaway.com/hotel/Crowne_Plaza_Rome__St_Peters_Hotel__Spa-Rome_Lazio_Italy-229422/
    [​IMG]

icurhere2, rwoman and uggboy like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a pretty good deal for Rome and to/from the airport! Also, IIRC, I remember reading mixed reviews about the shuttle to/from the city center on Trip Advisor. YMMV, of course! :)

Flying Bat, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is a very nice hotel, the food is very good, the Manager is very kind...but go on the IHG website and try to book 2 for 1, it is even cheaper than this offer. The shuttle to the city center is on regular hours but the one to and from the airport does not operate frequently and stops early in the afternoon. I was obliged to take a taxi and paid 45 euros.

Flying Bat and Kalboz like this.
  4. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great spot, Europe may be facing economic issues, but it's still generally very expensive. On the face of it this offers good value.

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the input ... very helpful.

Where can you find this 2 for 1 offer? Is there a code or a link to it?

uggboy and Flying Bat like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:

Airport shuttle bus hours sound not too good, while the rate is great, the times aren't!:cool:

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz, for your information, try this link : http://www.greenroom.co.uk/wrs
    Normally you should be able to get the rate : 2 for 1 or maybe 35% discount. It depends on the dates of your eventual stay.

Kalboz likes this.
  8. rosalia, thanks for that link. Its not available on NA ICHG sites. I have a prepaid booking at the CP LHR towards the end of this month and I just took a screen shot of the 2 for 1 rate for the same dates . I will test their "lowest price" guarantee at checkin and see what happens. I should be able to save myself 89 quid as the first night free guarantee. Will report back on my success or otherwise.

Kalboz likes this.
  9. As I suspected the lowest rate guarantee is so limited as to be useless. I was supposed to notify them within 24 hours of my original booking and get this, it has to be from a non ICHG web site. That last part really frustrates me as I was never sent the 2 for 1 offer and I am on their mailing list. I'm going to escalate this thing on the basis that their lowest price guarantee is basically unethical advertising.

10. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    guinnessxyz, you are so right, forget about the "best price guarantee" promotion, it never works, tried twice and was right, because I had found a better rate on another website, they always found an excuse to not grant you a free night.
    On the other hand, the 2 for 1 does not work in all hotels and not always; again it depends on the management of the different hotels, just try and book when it works.