Crowne Plaza - Orlando Airport Master Thread

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by krusty, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. krusty
    Original Member

krusty Silver Member

Status Points:
    This CP hotel is 5-10 mins from MCO, via complimentary shuttle.

Received my Platinum recognition at check-in: a welcoming "thank you" and a concierge-level room upgrade, prepared in advance. After requesting a wake-up call and the shuttle schedule for early AM departure, we were simply dumping luggage to go watch a UConn game, and I forgot to ask for the wifi passcode. That was squared-away on our way back down. The wifi charge was waived as Plat.

The elevator required key-access to the concierge level. The room-side hallways were marked with "quiet area" signage. The room was clean and quiet, but mostly standard sized (king-bed).

The club was still open. It was large and well-appointed with public computer and assorted warm appetizers, cold treats, and beverages. We did not partake, but it was inviting. The staff member was friendly.

The good:
    Friendly staff at check-in and lounge. Everything was up to expectation.

The not good:
    Nothing.

The bad:
    All of my own doing: not having time to sample any amenities.

bmw9983 likes this.
  2. bmw9983
    Original Member

bmw9983 Active Member

Status Points:
    Staying there for two nights at the end of February - thanks for the review, and look forward to adding my own input.

krusty likes this.
  3. bschaff1
    Original Member

bschaff1 Active Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here a year ago when it was on point breaks. I was satisfied with what I got for the 5k points but would default to the HR at the airport instead.

Good Things: Clean Room, 5k PC points, airport shuttle, walking distance from a bunch of restaurants
    Negative: Rather dated design and in need of a remodel