Crowne Plaza Newark International Airport

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rob, May 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures while I was there nor write down detailed notes.

Complimentary shuttle from EWR was fine and came by about two minutes after I got to the P4 stop on AirTrain. Shuttle runs to the airport every twenty minutes on the hour, 20 past, and 40 past.

I was on an Expedia stay and didn't have my Priority Club number associated with the stay until checkin. No acknowledgement of my Platinum status; got the exact room type I booked (single King). I'm waiting to see if the non-qualifying stay posts correctly for a Crack the Case latch.

Room seemed clean enough, but the hotel (and shuttle) feel run-down and in need of a refresh. Worn carpet, chunk of wall missing in the shower was taped up, and the elevator being pretty scuffed up were just a few examples.

Complimentary wireless was fine. Didn't notice any excessive noise and slept fine for an early morning flight.

After an Expedia BRG coupon, I paid about $30 for my night there which was quite reasonable. Without coupons, they advertise rates starting around the $75-80/night range (including taxes/fees).

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will be there tomorrow night. Rather out of the way in an industrial park area but not much interested in sight seeing around Elizabeth NJ. Do they have a bar that serves more than Bud, Coors Lite and Michelob? Just as long as they have the Comedy Network and MSNBC on the TV I'll be fine...$89 was the bottom flex rate on the PC site.