Crowne Plaza London-the City cancelled my ebates reservation

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Sep 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have just noticed that my Ebates.com reservation (13.5%) has been cancelled and a new reservation was made by this hotel.
    Unfair ! wrote an e-mail and wonder what would be the response.
    What would you suggest? should I submit the case to the General Manager of this hotel or write to Ebates.com's customer care? Thanks for your ideas.

2. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your sure the reservation was cancelled?, and and re booked with a new confirmation number. Lots of times the hotel will update or change your reservation when the upgrade you or something. The best way to see for sure is log in thru the wireless website here http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/wireless/pc/us/en/home.action and you should see multiple instances of your reservation if any changes were made to it. If you see your reservation listed two or three times that would indicate the hotel viewed and or made changes, but you should still get your ebates cash back. If the reservations truly shows as cancelled, well then that's another story.

3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am very sure, it has been cancelled and a new reservation made under another N°. What should I do now? thanks for a quick reply.
    Here I am again, I decided to write to Ebates.com, sending the whole file : reservations and mails to the hotel, since the hotel gave me an incredible response. I insisted on the fact that if they took the intiative to cancel my Ebates.com reservation, it is simply to avoid my 13.5 cash back. How mean, will never go back again to this CPlaza London-the City. Never imagined that the Guest relations department could invent excuses and think IHG members are ignorant.

4. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought CB is paid by IHG, not the hotel.

5. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    What was the response from the hotel?

6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure they will honour my Ebates.com reservation; they promised they will fix the problem...will find out after my October's stay.
    Nacho, even if IHG pays the Cashback, the hotel is still interested to avoid these practices, I imagine !

7. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully, everything works on the hotels end and you don't have to chase the rebate.

8. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you need to ask for compensation in terms of PC points that is equivalent to the CB, because I don't believe the hotel will make your ebates reservation valid again. And from ebates point of view, they can see you had 1 reservation through ebates and then cancelled it.

Rosalia likes this.
  9. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree the hotel should compensate you if they are the ones who changed the res. Ebates knows you made it and then see's it was cancelled. I doubt they will honor your cash back.

Rosalia likes this.
  10. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    KathInJax, here I am giving you the response of the hotel : they promised they would arrange things with Ebates, and then they wrote to me an e-mail saying that Ebates is not flexible and they offered me 500 points, I refused, they came with 2000 and finally with 5000 points; I am still not happy because they owe me about 55 GBP.
    Nacho and DJP_707, I followed your advice and am waiting for the last decision of this hotel where the staff is so mean, arguing and discussing for some points. They even promised they would upgrade me next time I come to this hotel to the executive floor with access to the Club Lounge. I do not care about this, since I will never stay again in this CP : did not get a newspaper, the internet did not work for four days etc...my room was so dark.
    Other hotels give free nights and vouchers with no discussions. I have noticed they are so mean and stingy out there.

11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any hotel booking made through a 3rd party - whether a cash-back site or just another booking portal - costs a hotel a significant amount of money. Commissions up to 30% are not at all uncommon. It is unfortunate but not really a surprise that the hotels are trying to avoid that. And that cost comes out of the local hotel, not the parent brand, IIRC.

That's not to say that the path this property chose is at all reasonable, but that's the reasoning behind it.

12. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe you should try to contact IHG care, either on their FB page or ihgcare@ihg.com

Rosalia and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  13. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will try to write to IHGcare hoping they will respond, because recently they never answered my e- mails where I requested the week-end bonus points which I never received.

14. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    So you wrote to IHG Care and they never respond? If they don't then you should sign up for flyertalk and send a PM to the IHG care there, they did respond to my complaint fairly quickly.

Rosalia and KathInJax like this.
  15. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am sorry to hear that the stay was not good and that the hotel is only offering 5,000 points. I agree with Nacho - try to contact the IHG contact on FlyerTalk. You can also try to Tweet both Ebates and IHG.

According to what i read on FT and Trip Advisor, this is usually a very good hotel.

I think that somewhere between 10,000 - 20,000 points would be reasonable compensation.

Rosalia likes this.
  16. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a lot Nacho and KathlnJax. Will keep you updated after final decision of the hotel. I know that in general this hotel is a very good one but unfortunately for me, it started badly, cancelling my reservation to avoid paying the cashback etc...I got no newspaper and the internet did not work properly etc...I am sorry to say that this time my review will not be very good.

17. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello again...I had to write 9 pages of exchanged e-mails and I finally got a compensation after my departure from the hotel :(Since the error was made by the hotel, CP itself had to pay back.

KathInJax likes this.