Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sendaiben, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here with my family in late December 2011.

This hotel is very close to the airport (and also my grandmother's house), making it a convenient option for travelers and my family.

The hotel seems fairly new, with an impressive facade and clean and modern interior. We booked a points break (5000 points) room and a normal paid room (the cheapest at 64.95).

Initial impression was very good. The woman on reception was polite and professional, and informed us that we had already been checked in as Platinum members. Both rooms were on the 2nd floor, near the lounge. The size of the rooms (one twin and one double) lead me to believe that they were upgrades. I asked the hotel and was told that they were standard rooms ("but a bit nicer ones that we use for our gold and platinum members").

The good:

-beautiful hotel and rooms
    -nice shower
    -upgrades and recognition for Platinum members
    -convenient location
    -reasonable prices

The bad:

-internet is expensive (5 pounds for one hour, 13 for a day)!

Overall, we really liked this hotel. It is reasonable, attractive, and they treat Platinum members very well (even to the extent of upgrading award rooms). Apart from the excessive internet charges, I couldn't find much wrong with the hotel. We will definitely be back.

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing! :)

uggboy likes this.
  3. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting. I've seen photos of this hotel and would love to stay there.

4. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's great :)