Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TRAVELSIG, Feb 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

I recently stayed at this hotel as it was very close to where I had meetings near Guangzhou.

The hotel is very new, and is in an area which is rapidly being developed (OK, that narrows it down to most of PRC). The building is connected to an office tower, and surrounded by many other hotels and apartment towers/office buildings. The location is about a 15 minute drive from Guangzhou airport, and less from Guangzhou North train station.

Checkin was fast and pleasant, and there was a designated station for Priority Club members. I was given a room that appeared to never have been used before. Internet (wired and wireless) were both free (great), and the room was quite large and very well appointed. I have been in Four Seasons properties that are not as nice for room quality.

The view is nothing great (it is of a large building site)- however there is a large outdoor heated pool and an excellent (indoor) gym.

Service was pretty good- and the English spoken by the staff was excellent for Guangzhou. The restaurant had very good service and one of the best breakfasts I have ever seen for a Crowne Plaza hotel anywhere. I was very impressed, as were my colleagues.

Checkout was fast, the bill was correct, and the staff were once again helpful.

I have stayed many times at the Pullman at Guangzhou airport as it was the closest hotel to where I need to be in the city- this hotel is much much much (3 much for empahsis) nicer in terms of service, rooms, and food&beverage. The rates were also very good (best I have seen in this area near Guangzhou for a business standard hotel).

Note there is very little around this area that is accessible without a car- there are a number of excellent restaurants up the road however it is too far to walk (about a 7 minute drive without traffic) and not a pedestrian friendly area.

I will definitely return here- a good find for this area.