Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe (Edmonton, AB)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DebraI, May 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had my first every mattress run in April, in downtown Edmonton, Alberta at the Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe. Very fancy name for a pretty stale hotel... but the location is great for downtown Edmonton, and I really liked the wall of windows in the room.

The building is an older circular tower, popular in the 1960s. No acknowledgment of our gold status as far as I know... but we really weren't expecting anything. Booked and got a king room, although it was a pretty high floor so maybe that counted for something. The hotel is located right where the downtown spills into the river valley, so there are downtown and river views. We got downtown. At first we were a little disappointed, but then the sun went down and the full wall of windows at night was really cool. You could practically reach out and touch the skyscrapers.

The room was small by North American standards, and a little outdated. The small room could be because of the rounded design of the building and therefore one side being a big arc.

There is a live music club across the street, and lots of good restaurants within walking distance. The top floor of the building is a revolving restaurant (French), that some friends of mine love. Didn't go there though, as I've heard it's overpriced for the quality.

The parking garage is slightly terrifying... it looks like chunks of ceiling are going to fall on you at any minute. Elevator from parking garage is pretty gross, too. But lobby is nice, and internal elevators and hallways appear well maintained.

I've never posted a review before, so didn't bother to take photos (except for the 'wall of windows' in our room). Unfortunately, I couldn't get far enough back in the room to show the whole extent of the windows though... only about half the wall.

Oh yeah... customer service was quite good. Everyone was friendly, and check-in & check-out was super efficient.

It was good for a mattress run... would probably stay there again if I got another good rate.

Attached Files:

uggboy likes this.
  2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stay here quite regularly always upgraded to a two room suite with river valley view and In lieu of Club a $10 breakfast voucher as a Plat. Rooms were renno'd a few years ago but the building is a classic of the 60s, used to be a CP Hotel until that company took over CN Hotels and the brand moved over to the MacDonald.

uggboy likes this.