Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Singapore

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by bartla, Nov 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bartla

bartla Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review! I stayed here once in 2008 not long after the hotel opened and had a very nice experience too. As a plat (then), I wasn't upgraded to a Suite but rather was given access to the Club. The hotel is very modern and stylish and I agree that the pool is stunning.

I feel that the only drawback for this hotel is the rather high price tag. Given how fast and efficient it is to get to the city from the airport, I'd rather stay in the city for the same price paid. Nonetheless, this could be one of the best airport hotels out there.

estnet, lwkatya, TravelMusing and 4 others like this.
  3. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is one of my favorite airport hotels in the world and I have returned to it seven times now (and I don't even have any PC status). The service is impeccable and location amazing. The only problem one might encounter is the heat/humidity getting from one's room to the elevators, since it is designed to look like a partially built birds nest.

4. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm... this thread is making me feel like converting my AirMiles to Priority Club rewards to redeem for a stay here!

And after spending the evening reading about the IC Ambassador program, I am now wondering if I should cancel my 2 night stay in Marina Bay Sands, and just hop over to InterContinental instead?

Aargh... decisions, decisions... :confused:

cennas likes this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    The IC SIN was my home in SIN before I switched from PC to GP and moved my stays to the Grand Hyatt. The IC is a beautiful hotel with a character and especially if you stay in a club room, the staff in the club lounge is wonderful and will take great care of you.

On the other hand, I've heard and read some really horrible reviews about the MBS. Although my dad stayed at the MBS earlier this week and was upgraded to a Suite, just because his standard room wasn't ready (he actually had arrived before the official check-in time). So YMMV. :)

lwkatya and TravelMusing like this.
  6. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to try both CP and IC this time. I sent an e-mail CP SIN a couple of weeks ago regarding an upcoming stay but I never got a reply from them.

7. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    nice review ! I stayed at IC SIN a couple of times and Holiday Inn Atrium once, haven't had a chance to stay at CP yet..

9. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Terry, I strongly recommend it especially if you have time to spare. Utilising it as a transit hotel is slightly wasteful IMHO as it's really a great getaway hotel.

10. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am from Singapore too, so, isn't using these hotels as a transit hotel...all staycations...;) Just more difficult to earn hotel elite status in Singapore as we don't have many co-branded hotel credit cards...:(

markcwj likes this.
  11. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I totally understand where you're coming from. It's difficult to earn statuses in Asia-Pacific (especially Singapore) in most cases and hotels aren't cheap here in the Lion City. Hopefully one major hotel chain cashes in on these and offers us all something decent.

12. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
  13. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
  14. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you happen to book the Club Suite for whatever reason, be sure to ask if you can get the Pool Suite - it is amazing if you can get it! :) Happy travels!