Crowne Plaza Bloomington (MN) MSP Airport/MOA

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Exiled in Express, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    the link: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hotel/mspao

the address: 5401 Green Valley Drive, Bloomington MN 55437

the review:

This property suffers from a split personality. The lobby and restaurant have been remodeled to a modern style with prominent fireplace and abundant use of light and the lack of it. The rooms are standard Crowne business plus bed offering with a older bathroom and lower than desired showerheads. The rooms are split between two parts of the building, most of the rooms are in tower with a long hallway lacking in decoration, doors painted grey, it really reminded me of my college dorm. The second section of rooms requires walking over the indoor pool area and the rooms feature patios or pool views. The pool area is hot and humid and keeping with the common area theme, dark, kind of creepy actually.

Parking is free but very limited if the hotel has a full house and the lot is built with the slope of the terrain leading to some highly angled spots. Entrances to the hotel are few and will generally require a longer walk. The building is a grey Soviet style concrete block. The property is quite visible from 494 and the exit but accessing the parking lot requires concentric circles of the office park.

The staff is friendly enough but not high in number. Platinum benefits were a free drink in the restaurant and some chocolates in the room. The restaurant is done in a very open Scandinavian oak and white style and has a decent draw, breakfast is quite good and dinner satisfactory. Service can be slow and overly formal.

My first stay was by accident when the travel coordinator confused this with the CP Eagan, I made sure that mistake was not made again. The second stay was for business in the area and the location and desire for points were the driving factors. It is a good property if you need to be in that area but could be lacking otherwise.

kayet likes this.