Crowne Plaza Berlin - REVIEW

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by tom911, Apr 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I came into the city by bus from Berlin Tegel Airport and easily walked over here from the Berlin Zoo station. It's just beyond Europa Center which is a shopping mall with a Saturn multistory electronics superstore. This stay was paid for with American Airlines miles (6,950 miles per night) rather than the paid rate of $138 a night, so for me a good trade-off. The check-in agent asked for my Priority Club information but no idea if this stay will qualify. AA uses a tour company vendor for my booking and the stay is billed to them.

I had a quiet 4th floor room overlooking a dreary courtyard surrounded by office buildings, so no real view to speak of. The room had twin beds. Internet is not free so did not use the wi-fi that was available. Room has a flat screen TV and menu controls that will take you to English language stations or stations based on interest (news, kids).

Breakfast was included in my rate and the offerings were plentiful. On my first morning I had pancakes, though they also offered scrambled eggs and four different kinds of granola. Add in things like sausage, an assortment of bread, rolls, croissants, and cheeses, and I left full. There are also a variety of bagged teas to choose from and apple and orange juice.

Could not ask for a better location for touring Kurfurstendamm. Two major department stores are a block away on Tauentzienstrasse, as is the Wittenberg train station (U2 to Alexanderplatz and another line to the Olympic stadium). The train station has a decent noodle vendor that whips up food to go on a wok for a few euros. I'd readily stay here again.

Two photos here with more linked below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]