Cross-Contamination Leaves LAX Terminal Without Water

Discussion in 'LAX/SNA/LGB/BUR | Los Angeles Area Airports' started by sobore, Mar 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/03/13/cross-contamination-leaves-lax-terminal-without-water/

assengers and employees at Los Angeles International Airport were urged not to drink or use water from any airport facilities in one of the terminals Wednesday after a reported contamination.
    KNX 1070′s Charles Feldman reports LAX officials were notified about the issue earlier this morning.

LAX Airport Operations was notified by a contractor working on a pump room on the lower level of Terminal 6 that a cross-contamination incident occurred in the potable water line with recycled chilled air-conditioning water sometime between 7 and 8:30 a.m.

After airlines and concessionaires were immediately notified, and LAX staff were immediately dispatched to all restrooms, where people using the bathrooms were told to use hand sanitizing gel to clean their hands.

Read More: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/03/13/cross-contamination-leaves-lax-terminal-without-water/

Mapsmith and uggboy like this.
  2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just confirms my thoughts that lax is a third world airport:(

3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surprised TSA didn't evacuate the terminal and rescreen everyone.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I glanced over your message, I read that as "rescue" and almost choked.

Mapsmith likes this.