CRJ Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for AA Plat/Gold on JFK/LGA to 11 cities 10/18-12/15/11

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Kaanapali, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apologies if this has already been posted...

As rumored by JonNYC in his Traveling Better forum.....Unlimited Comp'ed Upgrades for AA Plats/Golds for Travel on American Eagle CRJ's out of JFK/LGA to 11 cities for October 18, 2011-December 15, 2011 are confirmed...see email :)

Dear Kaanapali,

We have an exclusive offer for you to experience American Eagle First Class service to/from New York.

From October 18 through December 15, 2011, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members will receive unlimited complimentary upgrades for travel on any published fare on American Eagle nonstop flights between New York's JFK or LaGuardia airports and:

Atlanta, GA (ATL) Minneapolis, MN (MSP)
    Baltimore, MD (BWI) Nashville, TN (BNA)
    Charlotte, NC (CLT) Raleigh-Durham, NC (RDU)
    Cleveland, OH (CLE) Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
    Columbus, OH (CMH) Washington Reagan National (DCA)
    Detroit, MI (DTW)
    [​IMG]

AMERICAN EAGLE
    FIRST CLASS AMENITIES
    [​IMG]
    • Custom leather seats
    • Four way adjustable headrests
    • Ergonomically contoured seat
      and back cushions
    • First Class meal service
    [​IMG]
    Simply request an upgrade for these flights as you normally would when making your reservation. Your upgrade request will be processed automatically, based on the applicable upgrade window for your elite status level, if upgrade seating is available.

No 500-mile upgrades will be deducted from your account for your travel* on these flights through
    December 15.

Thank you for your business, and we look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

travelingmore and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    uggg... I hope they're not planning to do this system wide and copy UA..

3. firstglobal

firstglobal Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's an expansion of an earlier program talked about here: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/complimentary-upgrade-lga-msp.17783/

Given the restrictions, I think that this is simply to raise awareness among elites of the "new" FC cabin on Eagle and attempt to compete with Delta's RJs on the same routes. I wouldn't expect this to be an indicator of anything further unless we see these "trials" extended to mainline.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I agree with firstglobal, this is just an extension of a program that was started awhile back to promote the introduction of the CRJ's F cabin and address some of DL's increased flying out of LGA/JFK.

I doubt we're going to see UDU on AA. At least I hope. :cool:

5. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    This could also be an indication that the RJ F product hasn't taken off as might have been expected by AA.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Or DL competition has done well. Either way, not a good thing for the F class product/routes.