Crew (Captain) hordes overhead space

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by JimYUL, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Friendly reminder to AC emplyees, captains and crew alike, completely filling up two overhead bins above your seat with your stuff is not cool. Please stop. Check your extra bags like the rest of us.

Happened to me in J (YUL-YYZ) the other day. Even managed to get a pic of all of his luggage but can't figure out how to post it....

rehoult, 2MM_Guy, Mozzarella and 2 others like this.
  2. stinger
    Original Member

stinger Active Member

Status Points:
    This is funny, people ask sometimes why I board so early on some flights. Mostly when I have to secure overhead space and see a bunch of crew hanging around the gate, normally a good idea to board first in these instances.

3. Oh trust me, I tried when I saw them. Alas, it was to no avail, I was brushed aside like a dust bunny. He knew he had a ton of stuff and bolted for the front of the line. Jerk.

Chimpy likes this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you want to upload a jpg file you simply choose the upload file option to the right of the post reply button in the reply window. That will allow you to upload a pic to MP.

BTW if I have not yet done so - Welcome!

Chimpy likes this.
  5. flying-gal
    Original Member

flying-gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome from me as well... always nice to get new faces in the AC forum.

Chimpy likes this.
  6. stinger
    Original Member

stinger Active Member

Status Points:
    Very funny, hasn't happened to me that often lately but still happens at least once a month between pilots and flight attendants with their three bags each. Looking forward to seeing the picture.

7. Thanks for the welcomes and the advice! Here it is! IMG00009-20110302-1330.jpg

8. I counted four....

9. stinger
    Original Member

stinger Active Member

Status Points:
    Perfect! Probably has another bag in the free hand as well just for good measure.

Chimpy likes this.
  10. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same issue on a recent flight.Many orf the Rapidair flights are like this ,unfortunately.Winter weather,small cabins and full a/c lead to this scenario.

11. yyzgigi
    Original Member

yyzgigi Active Member

Status Points:
    I would complain to AC. They should enforce that the customer should come first. Crew should not be first on the plane unless they are working the flight.

ACMM likes this.
  12. Unfortunately, my experience is that putting this observation "out there" stands a far greater chance of effecting change then complaining to AC.

13. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was told......" We can't check our bags because we need them for quick access to our next flight"...to which I replied: "if they deliver baby carriage and other stuff from the belly and it is delivered quickly close to the door of the aircraft... they can deliver crew luggage real quick"

antirealist likes this.
  14. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... to which they rolled their eyes, and removed the remaining one bag of yours from the overhead bin and put theirs up there ;)

15. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    ....the facial expression, although not rolled eyes, did convey the fact that I was wrong.....and as for removing my carry on.....picture a lioness protecting her cubs. [​IMG]

ACMM likes this.
  16. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    There should be a "BIN HOG OF THE YEAR" award !

milchap likes this.
  17. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    nice photo....NOW THAT is a cabin HOG!!

18. PoorMansBidet
    Original Member

PoorMansBidet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thats so unprofessional.

19. That's a perfect word to describe the situation. I think that's one of the things that frustrates me most (in some cases - not all). I would not survive in my line of work if my professional standards were that low. I'd be gone, end of story. Why some continue to get away with behaviour such as this is mind boggling to me.

20. rehoult
    Original Member

rehoult Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because their contract allows them to carry all their bags on-board if they are deadheading. No different from why they will always get a J seat when deadheading. If AC could punish employees like him who so blatantly upset passengers, you can bet they (and any other level-headed employer) would. The fact that they haven't suggests they can't.

This problem should slow over the coming years as electronic chart become legal. Then all they'll need is an iPad and their overnight bag.

21. You make an excellent point.

22. 2MM_Guy
    Original Member

2MM_Guy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the OP.

Gave you a welcome "like".

JimYUL likes this.
  23. Why thank you 2MM_Guy! And thank you to whomever upped me to "Original Member'!

milchap likes this.
  24. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would have been me! [​IMG] (actually no idea ;))

2MM_Guy likes this.