Crediting TG to UA

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by kwai, May 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been having an awful time crediting my TG domestic flights.

Since the change over in March only 1 of 4 flights credited without petitioning for missing miles. I've been fighting to get a domestic round trip from March credited since, yeah, March. It's been denied at least twice (perhaps three times depending upon the CS's story) because, "W fares aren't acruable on international flights." Except that, well, it's a DOMESTIC flight. :mad: [One brilliant agent tried to tell me BKK was in Hong Kong. :eek:] As for the one that did credit it did so at 300 miles while the website says Premier members will get 500 miles minimum.

So, three days ago, I was rather happy that the fourth segment in question appeared a mere 2 days after asking for missing mileage credit. And, it credited at the 500 mile level. Woohoo.

Except when I looked at my account today it was changed to 300 miles.

WTF Continental?!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Allow me to correct you just a bit while it's frustrating I'd suggest calling back and figuring it out.

I'm still waiting on a SK Flight to post it's been 20 days...

3. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, while it has taken nearly a month to post, have had no issues getting UA credit for TG flights once I went online and entered ticket number, etc. in MileagePlus account.

4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a TG domestic flight credited within 4 days of taking it.

5. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've called 6 times already.

And when it was really UA I never had any problems with TG flights crediting. I meant Continental when I wrote it.

6. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    So did my wife. On the same flights that supposedly aren't accruable.

7. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think it is possible to petition for O*A segments online anymore. My understanding is that went away with the transition to the new PSS.

8. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    It took me almost 4 months to get my United bonus miles for a ORD-HKG promo, even though I flew UA metal

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    kwai and Phudnik like this.
  10. Phudnik
    Original Member

Phudnik Gold Member

Status Points:
  11. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    SK flight finally posted 20 days after flying it.

12. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for this. I'll try a parallel attack and submit via the link as well as following up on the phone (again).

That still leaves me in the lurch for the flights posted with with no 500 mile minimums. And the annoyance of a correct posting being subsequently changed away from the stated 500 mile minimum on TG.

13. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alright, I'm at wits end here.

I've now made 7 calls to UA over the last 3 months. Filed for missing credit online. The best I get is the miles were denied in March and it was escalated in mid-April with no response. Of course this is all TG's fault and UA has it's hands tied and there's nothign that can be done blah blah blah. :mad:

It's a total of 1400 miles here, not a significant total, but I've never been stonewalled like this.

Is this something I can file a DoT complaint on?

14. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah. And at this point I probably would.

15. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think we are on a slippery slope here. Using the DOT for anything other than serious issues is not going to fix this.

Not that I am unsympathetic. I truly empathize with you. It's just that the DOT is a government agency. By definition, that makes them totally inefficient.

There have been other recent posts here referring to writing the DOT about FF program problems. IMHO, that's just going to waste tax dollars and slow down the service for those in true need of DOT's defined functions.

All that said, I would not let this rest. I'd keep fighting until I was institutionalized. The best bet for us both, however, is to use our wallets as the weapons against unacceptable customer service. I'm not there yet, but only because I don't think there's a good option for my travel destinations at this point. One day there will be, and if UA hasn't gotten their act together by then, I'll cheerfully switch.

The worst thing that you can do to any business is to quit buying from them. - Anonymous

16. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the response. It's not my choice of action, and I don't know if it will result in any push forward, but I'm feeling spiteful* and would like to add to any DoT stats.

The failure to adhere to a stated, printed obligation in terms of mile posting is not a serious issue? (Yeah yeah, that point has yet to help out with the MM'ers complaints.)

* And as someone who was born and raised in NY my mouth is going to get me in trouble if I pursue this verbally any further.

17. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
  18. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My missing flight posted in 2 weeks' time.
    Failure to deliver on currently advertised offerings is a serious issue and one that the DoT can force their hand on.

Have you ever pursued a legitimate complaint with the DoT? If not I'd suggest you reconsider the "totally inefficient" assumption. My experiences with them have been quite positive when I've resorted to that path.

There is a significant difference IMO between complaining that you don't like a policy change and with the company not following its published policies.

19. Phudnik
    Original Member

Phudnik Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used this form last week and it took three or four days to credit several flights on SK. It is a superior option to the previous process (i.e., e-mail tickets/boarding passes to the MPSC and hope that they don't get lost).

20. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had to call last week about one of my domestic TG flights last month that didn't post with the 500 mile minimum or the fare class bonus. The May flight only posted with actual miles, but the June flight posted correctly with 500 minimum plus fare class bonus. The agent immediately saw that I was correct and put in a request for it to be fixed, but as of today, it's still not fixed.

I'm also quite pleased that there's an online request form for missing *A flight miles that I need to use for one of my partner's TG flights.

kwai likes this.
  21. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    "System Issue" requests in PMCO-land took WEEKS to get fixed.

22. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I haven't lost my patience yet...I'm just hoping that it does actually get fixed within the 2 weeks so I don't have to call back.

23. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd give it closer to 8 weeks. I had a CO-metal flight credited to CO in the pre-merger days that didn't get the Z fare bonus. After opening a system issue, it took about 2 months for the change to take effect.

24. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yikes. That's crazy.

25. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    @kwai - I am sorry that I offended you. That was not my intent at all. I would be spitting nails if I were in your position.

Maybe I was somewhat jaded in my first impression, as a prior thread that discussed D.O.T. complaints really concerned me. While I don't think that we should flood the D.O.T. with frivolous complaints, my further reflection on this one leads me to agree with you. There does appear to be nowhere else to turn if they won't help you.

Please accept my apology. (And put that gun down! ;))