Crediting different segments to different OW programs

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Canadi>n, Nov 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having re-qualified for ExecPlat weeks ago, I have a few revenue flights before year end. I'd like to put those miles into my BA and QF accounts for redemption purposes, though keep at least one segment for my AA account. Is this possible by asking the lounge agent to change the FF number after I fly the AA credited segment? I've done this will UA and AC with no issue, but US refused to do it saying it wasn't possible. Never tried with AA.

zphelj likes this.
  2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    This shouldn't pose a problem as long as you ask BEFORE you fly the other segments. The AAdvantage program rules state: "After your flight departs, you will not be able to change your selection of a frequent traveler program for earning mileage credit." This should apply to each individual segment, one would think. Let us know if it works?

3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do it for final AS operated segs of AA tickets to credit to AS MP. Never done it on a middle segment only end segments, but it was easy to due at gate before departure. I wouldn't get AS upgrades as AA EXP anyway so I prefer the AS lifetime miles for those LA and SFO to SEA connectors.

4. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right, it is usually possible to change the ff info before the flight check-in. Or, you can choose not to have any ff number in the reservation whatsoever---in this case you can submit each bp, after flying, to whichever program you want to credit it to.

5. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    A very interesting and valid idea. Never thought of that... But then again if you have status and your FFN isn't attached you wouldn't get those benefits, right?

6. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some benefits you won't get, like online selection of elite seats. Some you can, by flashing the status card at the lounge or check-in. Getting everything is a tough balancing act to be sure. :)