Credit Monitoring Services

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by tulane09, Feb 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This past January I started credit carding aggressively. I've had 2 citi cards for years, an amazon chase card, and amex PRG/platinum. My starting credit scores were all north of 770.

In January/February I applied for several cards and was approved for all, up until the last couple (declined for too many recent pulls). My scores are now between 711-743. The drop was expected, but going forward I would like to monitor my credit more closely.

Has anyone had any luck with the credit monitoring services? Amex has a promotion for CreditSecure, it's $15/mo which isn't bad, if it works? What other options are out there? cost? Is anyone better than another?

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a complete list with reviews here:
    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Gen...edit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/662549

Kalboz likes this.
  4. sc9457

sc9457 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like Credit Karma and there is no fee. You can sign up for email alerts when a new account opens or a change is made. I have found Credit Karma to be very useful for me personally.

5. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Miles and Smiles...excellent link...thank you !

Kalboz and miles and smiles like this.
  6. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I ended up with CreditSecure through Amex. $1 for the first month, then $15 after. Good interface, you can pull twice a month from all three.

Kalboz and miles and smiles like this.
  7. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMO: I dont think paying for a credit score service is worth it ... esp with 2 free ones that do credit monitoring for you already. (Karma & Sesame)

I dont see a point in paying for a monitoring service that is equal if not worse than the 2 free ones (that grabs the reports from 2 outta the 3 CRA). Also knowing your score 2x a month does what exactly for you? I just don't see the benefits (but maybe that's cuz I'm a cheap ass.)