Credit for United's DEQM LAX/SFO - ORD Promo

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JLSocks, Aug 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just noticed in my account that my EQM count is short 3,490 miles, which would be ORD-LAX flight I did in June. Looking at my MP activity detail, it's showing that I received the DRDM and DEQM promo for that roundtrip, but when looking at my EQM accumulated total, I'm missing the promo EQM miles but my RDMs are correct. Seems strange since the promo miles I got for my SFO flights I took at the beginning of August posted appropriately to both my RDM and EQM counts.

Anyone else having issues with the DEQMs posting appropriately to your total? Also, what is best way to try and get this resolved? Call MileagePlus?

2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    How is the DEQM bonus coded in the activity line items? Mine were correct and were shown as: DOUBLE EQM AND AWARD MILES - MPD771

In the status miles breakdown, is the amount under the Bonus for promotions and booking codes correct?

3. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the activity line items it said the same thing as yours: DOUBLE EQM AND AWARD MILES - MPD771

In the status miles breakdown and in cumulative, it was off by 3,490. However, just logging back in this afternoon, and now suddenly the EQM total is correct. Must have been a glitch in my account/screen/cache or something earlier in the day.

RichardInSF likes this.
  4. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad it got fixed, this would be a bummer otherwise. I am sneaking in a SFO-ORD RT this weekend onm the $300 fare just to collect the DEQM before the program goes away at the end of the month. Would do it next weekend as well but have a prior commitment, alas.

5. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I was happy as well. I wish I could squeeze in another one. Going back to LAX for work at end of the month, but my return flight is Sept 2, so I'm guessing they won't give me DEQM on the outbound leg Aug 28 since I think the terms say it has to be a r/t within the qualifying period. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do give me the double miles on the outbound, but not counting on it.

6. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Something happened to us on the one time we took this...thought I'd run it by you guys? Scheduled a fairly quick overnight RT, scheduling the flights that lined up with the $239 (IIRC) price. Would have liked to come home earlier than 3pm, but that was the cheapest fare. Standing in the airport waiting for a delayed outbound, I got a call from UA. I thought it would be a robocall advising of the delay, but it was a CSR asking if we'd be willing to take an 11am return the following morning, as they were overbooked. She offered $200 each in vouchers, and we (quickly weighing) agreed. So, we had the return we had actually thought of going out to ORD to stand by for, and $200 to boot. Our reasoning was that she might get all the takers she needed today and we wouldn't have a chance for VDB on our 3pm return. (Also, VDBing for a 3pm can mean an extra day's parking, etc. or a very late homecoming, as we are 4 hours' drive north of LAX.) We figured $200 return on $239, Double EQMs and a dinner with our son in Chicago was a good value proposition. So, have you been offered such an opportunity? Were we foolish to take it? Might it happen again?