Credit cards that can convert points to airline miles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by royce242, Mar 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure this has been asked many times, but could someone provide me with an updated list of the CC which allow you to transfer their points to another airlines FF program?

I know of the Silver/Gold/Platinum Amex cards, Hilton Honors cards and the SPG card, but are there any other cards which allow you to swap easily into a FF program (specifically one of the US legacy carriers)? And I'm also not talking about CC that blatantly rip-you off on the transfer....even percentage transfers are what I'm looking for! :)

Thanks in advance!

2. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase premium UR cards (Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold, Ink Plus) transfer 1-1 to United, Korean, Southwest, Virgin Atlantic, and British Airways.

the SPG you mentioned is the only "good" deal in hotel cards for transfers.

The Hilton HHonors card and most other hotel cards are ripoffs in the transfer. Hyatt probably has one of the "best" rates and it only gives 25k miles for 50k at its best redemption value.

3. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chase Ultimate Rewards and Amex Membership Rewards are the most obvious. SPG is pretty great too.

Wyndham used to be worth transferring sometimes but devalued in Feb and it's now 6,000 to 1,200 airline miles. So 5:1. Pretty bad. So for the 45,000 credit card offer you'd only end up with 8,400 miles.

Marriott is similar. 5:1 ratio. You can get a 70,000 point credit card offer though. So 14,000 miles. Better than nothing. Only problem is you'd be much better off using them at a Marriott or Ritz Carlton property.

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What Airline do you want miles in, shorter list...

5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can convert your American Express Membership Rewards points to the following frequent flyer programs:
    • AirFrance & KLM (Flying Blue),
    • Alitalia (MileMiglia),
    • British Airways (Executive Club),
    • bmi (Diamond Club),
    • Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles),
    • Delta (SkyMiles),
    • Iberia (Iberia Plus),
    • Malaysia Airlines (Enrich),
    • SAS (Eurobonus),
    • Singapore Airlines (Krisflyer) and
    • Virgin Atlantic (Flying Club).
    • And, many others
    With Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can transfer to the following:
    • British Airways Executive Club
    • Korean Air SKYPASS
    • Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
    • United MileagePlus
    • Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
    Other cards, such as Capital One and Barclays, offer credit toward travel spending.