Credit Card Sign-up Bonuses

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by jpvetter, Apr 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jpvetter

jpvetter Active Member

Status Points:
    Which credit cards/companies allow you to cancel cards and renew at a later date with the ability to get the sign-up bonuses again? What cards have great perks for keeping the card past the one year period?

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just about all of them. Some of them say never again (Chase is a good example) but sometimes you can wait it out and have some success about 1.5-2 years after closing the account.

Bank of America and Barclays are better examples of companies with a good reputation for opening and closing with shorter windows.

3. jpvetter

jpvetter Active Member

Status Points:
    Are there any set windows of time for those banks? What about AmEx?

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    American Express applications will often have disclaimers on their offers that say something to the effect of "No bonus if you have had any other personal Green, Gold, or Platinum card in the past 18 months."

MX and daninstl like this.
  5. luchex

luchex Member

Status Points:
    I have 4 chase cards Freedom, UA, Saphire and personal southwest. The last one was the Southwest and they gave me only 2K credit but told me I could move credit of cards around. How long should I wait to try to get other chase cards? I am interested in the Ink, Southwest business and also priority club.