Credit Card Holds: Can one get a printout of them?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Canadi>n, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    When we check into a hotel, or even purchase an airline ticket, the merchant puts through a hold on the credit card we use, then completes the transaction at a later date. These holds never actually show up on our statements, online or paper. Is there any way of getting a print-out of them? Will the credit card issuer release that to us when it's on our account? Has anyone actually received such a statement?

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    All depends on the CC company. I know AMEX and Chase show what holds / "pending transactions" are against your account and you can see the details on the web page.

I know that C1 does not list the holds on their web site but I don't know about others.

MyTravels likes this.
  3. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've not seen this with AXP, but have seen it recently with Chase.

Most CC issuers have your available credit online (although recently has selectivity stopped displaying it fro some cards with preset spending limits) and the hold reduces your line so one can do the math to figure out how much is on hold.