Credit Card Concierge

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by TUMD, Feb 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have much experience with using the concierge for credit card like AA Executive card World Elite or American Express Platinum? I have both cards and was curious how useful these services are over just looking up a number to your desired reservation, etc. and booking it yourself? Also, do these services have any sway when booking more exclusive experiences that may be fully booked, like dinner at Cinderella's Castle in Disney World?

2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had variable experiences (with concierge from same card) from excellent to beyond useless. I don't know what training they have, but I've experienced no consistency at all.

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amex Plat found a two restaurants in Montadivo, Uruguay that would allow me to pay remotely via a credit card, it was helpful since my Spanish is bad. I think it was outside their normal resturant request category, but I was clear on what I wanted and they were able to help.