Credentials Arrived - It's Almost Like the Old Days, but YMMV

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by cwpfly, Mar 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pre-9/11 the credential arrival day was almost like a mini-Christmas. It wasn't just an envelope with your card and some coupons - it was some type of box and you were excited to see what was inside. Upon arriving home this evening, a box - delivered by FedEx (express, not ground) - was waiting for me. The box is in various shades of blue and has a horizontal grey stripe that says "Million Miler".

Inside there is a blue cover note congratulating me on hitting 2MM (as a result of the integration - 3MM is coming next year :)) inviting me to select a gift from unitedthanksamillion.com (site is not yet ready). Also included is a nice folder with program benefits listed and 10 beverage certs . Finally, beneath that is the card and a "leather" luggage tag.

All-in-all, the fact that it was more than a simple envelope reminded me of the days gone by and it was a nice way to receive my first MileagePlus credentials with my old OnePass number on them!

2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pictures? Still no go on mine :(

3. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here you go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I understand mine arrived via FedEx today, but I won't get back till tomorrow. I would post an unboxing video online but that would be too dorky, even for me.

bungalow1225 and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    All of my family's credentials showed up at my folks house today (CA). This includes me and my brother's 1P cards (came in an envelope with a luggage tag), and my both of my MM 1K parents stuff which came in a box about the size of VHS. The MM package had more or less the same welcome guide as the Gold book with a luggage tag in the back, though it also included a 10 drink chits which I didn't see an expiration date on, and a leather luggage tag wrapper.

6. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice luggage tag! No leather container here as a silver...

7. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got mine yesterday via FedEx too. Seems kind of a waste.

Only seen the 1K card which is white... Imagine others are Blue/Silver/Gold/Platinum? If so, is GS card clear?

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you a regular 1K or MM 1K?

9. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a 1K MM... Are regular 1K cards different?

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, but they are apparently not sent by Fedex. I am a mere mortal 1K, and don't have my card yet.

SEABrad likes this.
  11. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very impressed with my 1MM, 1K box! Nice certificate from Jeff Foland. Maybe the other Jeff signs the 4MM, GS-for-life certificates?

Leather luggage tag is already on my day pack. BTW, the drink chits do expire 1/13.

The benefits guide seems to be customized to reflect the earning details of the particular Chase UA card you may hold. There's an invitation to register your spouse or significant other for the same status (a MM prerogative) but the relevant web page says it won't be ready to receive registrations until April! Not sure when we can sign up for fee-waived Global Entry.

desamo and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  12. MileCards

MileCards Silver Member

Status Points:
    Remember those leather straps from the old Northwest days....

Much better than the plastic aesthetically but mine had a habit of fraying and dropping the tag in the process.

But at least they've stopped nickel and diming this. Makes you wonder what the GS pack looks like...

13. SEABrad

SEABrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I watched Immortals on my last 767-I trip. I am still a moral 1K. My wish didn't come true ;)

14. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I missed my Fedex delivery, have to wait until Monday.

15. NoFlyY

NoFlyY Active Member

Status Points:
    Agree with the OP. Very nice packaging, and the "old time" excitement returned for the first time in years. However, as others have noted, it must have been costly to send all these packages via FedEx. I hope a UA finance person doesn't cut amenities we value in order to make up for this expense.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  16. copamillionmiller

copamillionmiller Active Member

Status Points:
    Then 1K that are MM will ge our new credentials via FedEx because so far I got nothing I am in Guatemala

17. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was a discussion somewhere else re/ the colour of the 1K card. I'm still not sure how to describe it, but it's not really white per se - more a combination of Lexus' pearl white and that fake cultured marble you see in the bathrooms of many 1990's homes.

NoFlyY and hulagrrl210 like this.
  18. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The husband got his Premier Gold envelope today via USPS (plastic luggage tag, card, book explaining the reduction in benefits from 1P last year, and no drink certs). Still waiting on mine :(

On a separate note, I just signed up my newborn son as a general member (in time to get him a real MP number). I'm assuming United doesn't even send out cards for that anymore right...?

dc3 likes this.
  19. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a Million Miler 1K and my new credentials are still missing in action.

20. Actonma
    Original Member

Actonma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haven't received mine yet either but a major upgrade from old United (1K and GS)...

21. bta
    Original Member

bta Silver Member

Status Points:
    My 1K packet arrived via USPS on Saturday 3/3/12. It was an envelope, rather than the box shown above, as I'm only 0.7MM. FWIW, I'm in 532xx zip code, with my last name beginning with A.

In the packet were 10 drink chits, 2 luggage tags and a white 1K card, which I find a bit ugly. I prefer the look of the Platinum card, but I'll take my 1K benefits...

22. NoFlyY

NoFlyY Active Member

Status Points:
    2 tags? Nice!

23. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rather like the packet they used to send in the '90s.

24. Pat89339
    Original Member

Pat89339 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine was more like the Christmas package from that relative that look really exciting and interesting on the outside and you opened it up and it was underwear.

The literature contained inside says there are 2 luggage tags. There is only one. The open face plastic on the front of the luggage tag shows far too much personal information for me to be comfortable putting it on my bag. I was surprised that there were no GETM forms enclosed.

elvis5920 and Travelsavant like this.
  25. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got 2 luggage tags, and the only personal information on them was my name (which I'd put on a luggage tag anyways)