Craving BA due to TV ADs?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by TrippePanAM, Dec 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am losing my mind, thanks to the British Airways TV commerical "To Fly To Serve"

I think I see it at least once a day now and it is making me go crazy its like I want BA. Such a cool ad... Have I lost my mind? Or does anyone else think this is a really cool TV Ad.

I has gotten me hooked on British Airways........ although one tiny problem I mainly fly the Star Alliance and that is where all the status is:(

Jimgotkp and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Love the commercial, but not enough to switch loyalties.....I Like this LH commercial just as much:

UA191 and TrippePanAM like this.
  3. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't have guessed that you like LH;) the Little LH First class rubber ducky. LH is amazing.. thankfully they are in star:p

But I do want to fly British Airways First..... or club world someday at least once

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Honestly, I'd try it also, I've heard good things about it......

5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA is up there on my list as well. LH will be crossed off my list soon :)

6. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both are really great or a regard commercial is difficult choice between the two airlines, even if BA is looking more backwards to heritage while LH is pointng a bit more to the future (the joung boy dreaming...)

It's quite a competition even in the air for everyone seeking to switch loyalty; since I've quite an experience with both, those are my considerations:
    • Short Haul Y: LH as ahead and it's even better if you have a status
    • Long Haul Y: mixed, BA 744 are buch better than the LH ones but the 330/340 have an adavantage on the 76/77 duo. LH 380 is unmached so far
    • Short Haul C: really excellent product from both, BA is generally less expensive
    • Long Haul C: I've a absolute preference (service, food, etc) for LH but during night time BA seat makes the difference
    • Terminals: T5 is nice and its longes really impressive, MUC in particular but also FRA compare not too badly and service is excellent in all lounges
    • Hub: LHR congestion is a downside, FRA now is much better and MUC always worked well: a 45' connection has neve been an issue and is something that you can only dream about in LHR
    • Loyalty program: we'll never agree so I skip the point
    Unfortunatly I've still not an extensive F experience to complete the comparison, I hope to fill the gap soon.

So if you are going to switch loyalties either way: have fun and let us know ;)

7. oscietra
    Original Member

oscietra Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a great ad; the more I see it the more I like it.

You're not the first person for whom interest in flying BA has been piqued by this ad.

8. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    How much airtime is the BA ad getting in the USA? What sort of channels?

Must be quite niche?

9. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    The image that BA is attempting to capitalize on (heritage, art-deco era notions of class) is confounded by the pragmatic reality of lack of value in Avios and their uncompetitive soft product for most US customers. That's why this is niche and will remain so.

Perhaps this would be a more appropriate imagery:

http://www.dilbert.com/

10. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really my question. But thanks for giving further airtime to your rant. Its a shame you didn't try and connect this to the chase card too...

11. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing BA video and LH (haven't flown yet) I understand how you feel as I was almost conditioned by BA to book new travel by the music on the last ad as they play it onboard so each commercial reminded me of past trips.
    For personal, I generally book WT+ and upgrade for 25k to Club. if you are able to transfer Starwood or AMEX points and don't mind the added cost of WT+, I'd suggest you do that to LHR. I don't think much difference in First product at least out of PHL so I don't redeem for that. T5 lounges are quite nice and I love the Fast Track pass at immigration.
    I am a big fan of BA and have used points (earned by flying them not Chase offer) to travel w/them and partners easily. Out of PHL to LHR for business, US can't compete w/service or flat bed option in my opinion.
    Hope you get to try them soon. Cheers!

YULtide likes this.