Crack the Case promo

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Terry Quinn, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. My last two stays, both regular paid ones, have not posted to my CTC account. I sent the PC CS people a note and they came back to me and stated my points had posted to my PC account. we are now on round two of resolving this issue. Anyone else missing stays on the CTC promo.

2. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    There seems to have been a missed sweep this week, not sure why. I can only assume it will pick up the stays next time. The system seems fairly robust - it has no problem, for eg, picking up stays from a month or so ago which only post after a retro-claim.

Margaret likes this.
  3. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick CTC questions. If I book a stay at a PC hotel using points and cash do I get stay credit toward CTC?

Pablo likes this.
  4. Yes, the stay should definitely count towards CTC.

5. bsaced
    Original Member

bsaced Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do total award stays where no cash is included count too?

Pablo likes this.
  6. My understanding is that for most people, total award stays have not counted. Some have managed to have them count for stays in which they paid for incidentals. This seems to be a YMMV situation...

7. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    I've had every stay including reward stays post for me.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  8. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a total award stay recently and it did not post to CtC. I had incidentals too.

9. freeloader

freeloader Silver Member

Status Points:
    similar thing for me last month w/ a reward stay in chicago

10. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had some " seniors moments" with the website, thankfully not mine! Although subscribed, I have achieved some of the targets but not sure I'll achieve all!

11. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that points and cash stays don't count but the Family & Friends rate and even Priceline rates count. If you're doing a Stay X get 10,000 points though, they won't count for that so make sure you are maximising your bonuses when choosing the appropriate rate.

12. Tiki, with all due respect I think that observation is wrong. I believe just about every paid stay including BOGO ones and other promo stays are eligible for CTC.

13. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a hotels.com stay that recently posted to my account as a non-qualifying stay and did not earn any points, which is the exact same way my award points stay posted. Should I be worried about the hotels.com stay not posting to CtC?

14. daedalus
    Original Member

daedalus Silver Member

Status Points:
    I may or may not have had a refund of an overcharge count as a CTC stay[​IMG]

cockpitvisit likes this.
  15. polar_bear
    Original Member

polar_bear Active Member

Status Points:
    All paid stays are eligible for CtC but not all are qulaifying for points/status. The fact that it posted to your PC account is a good idicator that it should post to CtC although it may take several days until you see it.

iceman77_7 likes this.
  16. polar_bear
    Original Member

polar_bear Active Member

Status Points:
    Just to clarify a little. Points and Cash stays are award stays and not paid stays. However, many have reported getting credit on award stays, especially with incidentals, but many have not (myself included).

17. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep my eyes open at the CtC site. I really need this last stay to crack my last case!

18. My CTC stays are now posting again but there was delay of almost two weeks for a couple of stays.

19. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just checked in at PRG Airport HI for a) a Sat night (3/3) and b) 2/3 property. Back home now while room is "in use". Got upgraded too ;)

One more propery then for me and done.

20. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Woo Hoo. The 5th case bonus just posted. So trivial in comparison to the others, but overall, what a deal.

21. wanderwoman
    Original Member

wanderwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am still trying to get to my 39 nights to open my second case and every stay, even free nights has counted. It has taken a while for them to post however. They post on my Priority Club account first, then a few days later on my CTC.

22. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have to stay 27 Nights and have it almost done now! [​IMG]
    I see that by me it takes around 7 days to post the stay on my PC Account and another 7 to 9 days for counting them on my CTC - Account...

So at all i would say that it takes around at least two weeks to post it for CTC?

See also the FAQ:
    When are my bonus points posted? Points are typically posted to your account within 10 business days.

When it will be over three weeks (21 days) i would ask for a check thru Priority Club - they have a extra Contact formular on the CTC Website for missing stays!

Greetings Mark

NewCokeandTaco likes this.
  23. Elizabeth Smith
    Original Member

Elizabeth Smith Active Member

Status Points:
    I also achieved five and cracked the case. I am now Platinum again for 2012. All of my activity posted, but it posted usually a week after the base points, if it was a hotel stay.

24. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Award stays (on points) have not counted toward my CTC promo; however, a Sweet Dilemma redemption at an IC (w/o incidentals) did count for CTC.

25. Most of mine have posted, but have had two Saturday stays not posting for some reason... need to contact them and see what is going on...