CR1 (Regional) upgrades... using them

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dhammer53, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How come when I attempt to use a CR1 (on P.S.), it's usually waitlisted; and when I use a CR1 for my son and his girlfriends trip SAN/ORD/LGA on a 757 and 319, it goes through right away?

It's not really a question, but more of a statement.

I'll leave the editorial comment for everyone else. [​IMG]

2. WaterSki
    Original Member

WaterSki Silver Member

Status Points:
    dhammer53 of course knows the technical reason why his upgrades get waitlisted. It's more of a philisophical irony that his non-status friend's upgrades clear.

For this non-PS flyer, it's hard to adjust to prioritizing CR-1s for flights that will be tough to clear ONLY, rather than also prioritizing for LONG flights to save E-500s. For example it killed me to use a CR-1 for DCA-DEN-SNA last month, but the DCA-DEN upgrade would never have cleared with the 757->320 downgague for a couple of months.

3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Murphy's Law of CR1s!

great, now I killed the cow as I have never been denied a PS upgrade using the CR1s! [​IMG]

4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Silly rabbit....it's a PS u/g and it's I/M at it's best [​IMG]

Editorial comment: Your son's girlfriend is much more hot looking than you or I and that's why she clears [​IMG]

5. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless my son checks the seat map on his flight, he won't know about the upgrade until the night before, when I tell him. I don't have the heart to let him wait on the coach check in line.