Cr-1 on CO domestic configuration flying Int'l route?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by thegrailer, Nov 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Title says it all. I know I can use Cr-1s on CO. But can I use them on the domestic configuration that serves int'l routes or am I stuck with using a SWU? For example EWR-BOG - Last time I flew this route it was UDU up to F. I'd like to confirm in advance if possible for my next trip and actually use a Cr-1 for a change [there is R availability - that is the correct bucket - right?]

Didn't see this anywhere although it is probably here somewhere

Cheers -

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    CO's policy determines upgrade requirements by the service offered, not the geographic designation of the cities. So for EWR-BOG you can either get EUA or use cash+miles or a CR1.

thegrailer likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe you can use them on any route where a UDU is possible. In other words, there are some routes that allow UDU and CR1 (like Hawaii) and some that allow CR1 only (like p.s. service to JFK). You should be able to test this very easily anyway by trying to apply the upgrade online or over the phone. Either it will work or it won't.

thegrailer likes this.
  4. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cr-1 it is - thanks
    ;)

I sort of knew that, I just didn't know how to describe it. Is there a name for the CO "domestic" service offered on Int'l flights? [or however it is best described]

Cheers

5. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    International Business Class is the name of the domestic service offered on International flights

thegrailer likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    CO has two international premium cabin services, International Business Class and BusinessFirst. Anything that is IBC is also eligible for CR1s and EUA; anything that is BF is not eligible for either.

Starting next year the mainland <-> Hawaii routes with the BF-ish service will be an exception to this rule, permitting CR1s, too, but they still won't allow CPU on those.

thegrailer likes this.
  7. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks all

8. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    So It's at 23:59 prior to my flight and I am eligible to check in. Cannot b/c:
    "You will need to complete your check-in at an airport kiosk"
    "Your documentation will need to be verified by a Continental representative"

Does this effect my placement on the UDU list? [pda.continental shows 8 of 12 open up front for whatever that is worth]

9. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would not effect your Upgrade at the Airport too much but EUA has ran before while I was unable to check in and still got the International Business Class Upgrade.

thegrailer likes this.
  10. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    sounds good then