CPU with no seats available in F

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Itrvl, Apr 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Itrvl

Itrvl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've searched and can't find any posts mentioning this situation. I am Premier Gold. I am flying DEN-GEG with my GM Daughter tonight. For the past few days, there have been 11/12 seats booked in F. I told my daughter we had no chance of being upgraded. However, when I went to check in last night, we both had been upgraded. Mind you, there is only one seat available in F. I assigned the only open seat to her. I no longer have my excellent aisle seat in E+ Exit Row and I don't have a seat in F. My boarding pass says "See Agent" where the seat assignment would be. I called United and the agent confirmed there were no seats left in F, but since there were plenty of seats still left in coach, she suggested I not downgrade myself. She seemed befuddled...and first said, "I wonder how they'll handle this at the airport" and then said, "Revenue management must know something we agents can't see". This morning, F shows booked full; economy still has seats available. On the upgrade list there are 10 pax with seat assignments; 7 checked in; 4 on the wait list and I don't show up anywhere! Very unnerving to say the least. I'm less concerned about getting the upgrade than I am about sitting in a middle seat in E-!Will be interesting to see what happens at the airport. Any one else have this happen?

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly, it's not the first time that this has happened since the systems were integrated. I'm sure you don't have to look far to find similar threads about people in the same PNR losing E+ while one was upgraded.

As far as DEN-GEG tonight (4/12) I see UA984 showing -2/0/36, so indeed F seems to be not only booked but actually oversold. I see plenty of E+ open though.

3. Itrvl

Itrvl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suspect I'm not alone! Since there was lots of E+ available, that's why the phone agent suggest I not downgrade myself last night. Hopefully, my daughter can keep her F seat--she'll be thrilled!

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apparently there are a few pass riders on that flight -- if it's indeed 984 -- so it's entirely possible that they'll get downgraded and you'll be moved up as a revenue passenger.

E+ on 8, 10, 12 and 21 is almost all free, so you should have no problems even if F is full getting a nice seat.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Passriders shouldn't be cleared into F until boarding starts though.