CPU process worked perfectly

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Morris, Oct 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Morris

Morris Active Member

Status Points:
    I had been wondering lately since it has been so hard to get upgraded, both my husband and I are Gold. However, for our Monday flight from LAX to Kauai, both of us were moved to first class on Saturday. Yay United! (Now I wish I hadn't already upgraded our return flight with miles....)

8MiHi likes this.
  2. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats!
    Welcome to Milepoint.

The return legs are usually much more difficult to score upgrades since everyone wants to sleep (if overnight flight). So you did good!

8MiHi likes this.
  3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I (1K) flew Friday from SJO-IAH-DFW with my adult daughter on separate, but connected PNRs. I was surprised - downright shocked - that she was UGed from IAH-DFW. While I was happy for her, I really felt bad for actual Premiers who failed to make the UG, as there were about 10 on the list, and she wasn't one of them.

The thought crossed my mind that it might be best if companion UGs were made only if requested by the Premier passenger. I'm not settled on that concept, but I doubt that I would have requested one for her. She's small, and now she is going to be excited about the possibility every time we fly together. Read: often disappointed.

BuckleandBoots and 8MiHi like this.
  4. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually for those of us left in the back I don't mind someone new experiencing it for the first time. I think such things add to total positive world karma...:cool:

5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have obviously never met my daughter. :eek:

8MiHi likes this.