CPU eligible "YN" flight?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Dec 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an economy award flight booked for later this month in "YN" class (25K miles one-way). The flights are showing the blue up arrow indicating CPU eligible. However, there is no "Upgrade Reservation" link. I'm assuming this is just a display error but wondering if anyone else has seen this and whether CPU actually upgraded you on "YN" flights?

Not expecting the upgrade at all but would definitely appreciate it as it's east coast to west coast. The second flight is already zeroed out so hoping for a bump more than an upgrade :)

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awards are available for CPU if you have one of the credit cards that offers that feature. I think the Upgrade Reservation link is there because you cannot upgrade an award except by paying more miles to move to I/IN. The CPU process is separate from that.

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sorry. You're right and I should have clarified. I DO NOT have the BS credit card from United so I am not eligible for CPU through that process at least.

I don't think "YN" flights are otherwise CPU eligible?

Thanks,
    Rob

4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Another question on this...through multiple changes on my award ticket I'm now booked LGA-xxx-SEA in "XN" class (saver economy coach). The flights are in two days and after I made the change they both show the blue arrow and now say "Complimentary Premier Upgrade Requested". How is this possible? I guess I won't know if I get upgraded until later today when CPU runs.

Has anyone else noticed this funky CPU behavior on their award tickets when they aren't GS and don't have the credit cards required by United for free upgrades on award tickets?

Thanks,
    Rob

5. beach1103

beach1103 Silver Member

Status Points:
    did you get the upgrade?

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    @TravelerRob So what's the verdict?

7. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it correct to assume this award tkt booked with miles from your account and not someone else's (who may possess the requisite credit card(s))?

8. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So I did not get the upgrade and after doing OLCI I was not on the upgrade list. It's as I expected but the website is, again, showing incorrect information that I'm CPU eligible and that the Complimentary Upgrade was requested when it was within the 96 hour window.

Thanks,
    Rob