CPU confirmed 6 months prior to flight

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Nov 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have a flight from SEA IAH BOG EWR IAH SEA for May 2014, after I booked these flights I noticed I was eligible for complimentary upgrade on all flights. Looked at my flights today and found that the upgrades have been confirmed and was able to choose my seats for the IAH BOG EWR flights. I believe this is unusual or am I wrong? have never had a CPU clear until the window.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    What was the fare code? Y, B, and M are eligible for instant upgrade at the time of booking for 1Ks, assuming the required inventory for the upgrade to clear was available on those flights.

3. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    UA has announced that Asia and northern South America (including BOG) will no longer be eligible for CPUs as of February 2014 as a quiet part of the the sweeping devaluation of their award program they announced Friday.

Perhaps they are doing here what they did when they removed CPU eligibility for Lima: (1) clearing the upgrade list in advance for all CPU-eligible pax, (2) getting rid of the CPU list.

ssullivan likes this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    "T" class

5. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will keep an eye on this just in case it is downgraded. I generally check all itineraries on Sat morning.

6. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    please go and buy a lottery ticket now. :)

NYCUA1K, meFIRST, sfo1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. edcho

edcho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe since BOG will not be CPU eligible starting in Feb 2014, they will confirm existing tickets ahead that time? They did that when they changed for LIM.

8. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would be nice if that is the case. Aircraft on this route is 737-700 as of now

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  9. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received a nice email from UA stating that since I had booked prior to the new upgrade rule regarding Bogota I was receiving complimentary upgrades for my flights. Thought that was pretty nice of them.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is a customer friendly move in an uncustomer friendly policy change regarding upgrades to Bogota.

sfo1 likes this.