CP Resort - Phuket Panwa Beach

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Jimgotkp, May 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz, uggboy and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow! Looks great!! :) Maybe I need a MR to Thailand...??

Kalboz, uggboy and Jimgotkp like this.
  3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:

This resort is available on Points Breaks right now for 5000 points till the end of july.

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/us/en/global/redeem/pointbreaks/asia

Kalboz likes this.
  4. LauraPDX

LauraPDX Silver Member

Status Points:
    We have booked two nights there later this month. Any of you stayed there or have any suggestions for the area (including restaurants?). We are only in Thailand for 48 hours at the end of our trip to hong kong and Singapore. Also trying to decide if we should get a rental car or use the taxi's.

Kalboz and iolaire like this.
  5. LauraPDX

LauraPDX Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to write a brief post about our stay late June for two nights at this new resort. First of all, it was gorgeous, and the room was large and comfortable. We were given a top floor (3rd) room with a view of the bay. A fruit platter was sent up a couple of hours after arrival ( for my platinum status). There are 200 rooms yet only a small number were occupied. We spoke to the general manager the first day and occupancy was 70 plus, yet we only saw maybe a dozen folks total. At times, we were the only loungers by the pool. The not so great things about this place, include being asked to signup upon arrival for a special one time discount for breakfast. It felt like a timeshare come on. Also, although each evening we appeared at the restaurant intending to try their menu, no one was there the first evening ( and the chef looked suspiciously the same as the one doing made to order eggs from breakfast). Both nights we ended up getting a taxi to a nearby town to eat out instead. Finally, the staff were very slow at processing anything, whether it was drinks at the pool or checkou (it took 20 minutes for a points stay with food charged to the room.....). Many staff had heavily accented English, which required carefully listening to (that sounds very anglocenterd I realize but I work with lots of foreign people in the states and am used to hearing accents). All in all, this was a good place on point breaks but am not sure I would spend large sums of money to stay without improvements in service. (one of our two nights we had to call to get housekeeping to clean the room as the do not disturb sign had blown over from the other side that says clean please).

Kalboz and iolaire like this.