Cow Do XIII (2017) - September 1 to 4, 2017 in Buenos Aires (EZE)

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Gaucho, May 14, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Time to start the new Master Thread for the Cow Do in Buenos Aires, Argentina !!!!

What is the Cow Do.....?

Cow Do is a gathering of Frequent Flyers from all over the world that come together in Buenos Aires during the US Labor Day Holiday Weekend. Objectives are to enjoy the city, focus on eating good amounts of Beef and drinking (mostly red) wines from Mendoza, Salta & Patagonia. Needless to say, non FF partners and friends are most welcome, as are non meat eaters.... plenty of vegetarian and fish/seafood options will be available at the Restaurants we will be organizing the various events. A charity wine tasting event (sometimes two of these events are held, depending on the group interest) is also a big part of this Do, with funds going to support rural schools in remote areas of Northern Argentina.

This is one of the most longevous Do's in the history of TOBB, 2017 marks the thirteenth consecutive annual event. Aside from the EZE based activities, side trips are sometimes arranged by the participants, including day trips to local Estancias, day trip to Colonia or Montevideo, etc.

This Do has a long list of regular participants, various of which have been at more than half dozen editions of this Do.

uggboy likes this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Preliminary Schedule of Events...... (work in progress)

Friday September 1st

1300 hrs - Lunch @

2030 hrs - Dinner @

Saturday September 2nd

1100 hrs - Charity Wine Tasting @

1400 hrs - Lunch @

2030 hrs - Dinner @

Sunday September 3rd

Day Trip to Colonia / Montevideo
    Day Trip to Estancia

Monday September 4th

Charity Wine Tasting #2

uggboy, GA400 and mattsteg like this.
  3. GA400

GA400 Active Member

Status Points:
    This looks great and I have some miles that need to be used prior to expiration. Any lodging recommendations?

Gaucho and uggboy like this.
  4. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Color me interested. I am unable to commit this far out due to floating commitments

Gaucho and uggboy like this.
  5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is a list of hotels that are popular amongst Do participants.... just to name a few.

Anselmo Hilton (San Telmo)
    Hilton Puerto Madero
    Sheraton Libertador
    Sheraton Park Tower
    Sheraton Buenos Aires
    Intercontinental Buenos Aires

I suggest folks check out the Master Thread on TOBB. Is it OK to cross post a link to that thread here...???

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's OK IMHO.

I would guess so in regards of publishing your link in this thread too.

Cheers & Safe Travels. :)

Gaucho likes this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dublin_rfk and uggboy like this.
  8. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    We attended a few years ago and enjoyed ourselves. We are booking.com and public transportation people. We booked two hotels, Hotel Impala below Retiro (we stayed there the previous visit), and Sissi Haz Hotel Boutique from both we were able to use bus/metro/walk just fine to get to all the events. Sissi Haz was rustic and interesting, Hotel Impala is a fine basic clean local business hotel.

So my point is basically you could stay anywhere relatively central and get around fine. Lots of people take cabs around, but you can also get around fine on the buses and metro.

FYI within walking distance to Sissi Haz is Steak Happy hour at La Cabrera which has something like 1/2 steak if you go early (stand in line so you get a place). We ended up ordering side dishes and spending more on the side dish than the steak we shared and had WAY too much food but its good.

Also keep in mind if you are not big eater they will split steaks for people! That was great for my wife and I. But then if you are a huge eater at the group meals you might find that others have lots of leftovers you can devour at the table...

9. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    50/50. Every year it seems like something comes up...but as always very interested.

10. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to read that you are looking into this, mattsteg. Please keep us updated of your plans, and remember to check the Master Thread on TOBB

11. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    BUMP !!!!!