Courtyard Miami AIrport West/Doral

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by bhatnasx, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Courtyard Miami Airport West/Doral

Just a quick overnight 1 night stay as the start of an MIA-MXP fare for about $220 all-in. The hotel is an actual courtyard-styled Courtyard - with 3 sides & a pool in the middle. It's got a decent pool area and it was nice to be able to enjoy the warm weather in MIA coming down from NYC.

Hotel staff - great checkin process - very quick & friendly. My GPS died on the way down to MIA & I forgot to bring a charger for it. I asked them if they had any lost & found mini-USB chargers I could borrow for a few hours and they didn't have the right one that fit my GPS, but the front desk agent volunteered his phone charger which did fit my GPS & I left it with them to charge for several hours.

Came down later in the evening to find it fully charged. A different desk agent was working & she asked me to "identify" the brand so she knew that I was the owner - good that they were protecting my property for me - although, I probably should have left my room number or biz card in the case so they knew who it belonged to.

Although there are a lot of latin american restaurantes in the area, there's also a decent Thai restaurant down on 79th St (left onto 79th St) which had surprisingly good Thai food (I say suprisingly good because it's an airpprt hotel).

Hotel does offer shuttle pick-up & drop off's. For pick-up, you call the hotel when you arriove in MIA.

Overall, would definitely stay here again if needing a 1-night MIA area stay...

anng3 likes this.
  2. anng3
    Original Member

anng3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great report.
    Do you know the name of the Thai restaurant?
    I'll be in the area for a week. Thanks!

3. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points: